Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Trek Auction Webcast

The History Channel will be webcasting the auction LIVE on all three days. You can't bid from History Channel but you can watch it all happen live! See below:

History.com, will present a live webcast of 40 YEARS OF STAR TREK: THE COLLECTION, the first-ever official auction of items from the five Star Trek television series and ten feature films on Thursday, October 5 through Saturday, October 7 at 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 2:00-6:00 p.m. ET each day. The auction emanates from Christie’s New York.

if you can, I recommend that you watch these auctions, it is very interesting and history is being made. This is the first time there has been an official auction. I have just now finished watching Day 1 from 10am to 1pm and they have just now taken a break for an hour and will come back at 2pm and finish today's auction at 6pm. A rebroadcast of today's auction will be played again after 6pm tonight

It had been interesting. So far today, they have auctioned of scripts, props and models among other things from

Star Trek: The Next Generation (The Movies)

The Borg items (Star Trek First Contact)

Star Trek Enteprise

Vulcan items(Star Trek: Enterprise)

I wrote down just some of the items that were sold and how much they went for.

The Borg Cube sold for $80,000

Jonathan Archer's Captain's Chair sold for $12,000

Deanna Troi's wedding dress sold for $3,300

I'll try to write down more when it continues at 2pm. I believe they are finished with The Next Generation movies, which took about 2 and a half hours to go through. And I believe they are just starting Enterprise and Vulcan items before break and will finish at 2pm

UPDATE:

Bid Me Up, Scotty! Star Trek Auction Starts

By DEEPTI HAJELA

AP

NEW YORK (Oct. 5) - It looked like any other auction, until you noticed the guy with pointed Vulcan ears.

Christie's boldly went Thursday where no auction house has gone before, kicking off a three-day sale of Star Trek memorabilia from the archives of CBS Paramount Television Studios. From costumes and props to blueprints and furniture, the auction featured more than 1,000 lots.

The sale started with battles over some lots. A captain's chair once belonging to Jean-Luc Picard on the Starship Enterprise-E sold for a gavel price of $52,000 -- far beyond the presale estimate of $9,000.

The chair itself is covered with burgundy-dyed imitation leather and features simulated control panels in the armrests -- hardly high-end or high-tech. But the cheesiness factor didn't scare off devoted fans of the show, who filled the midtown Manhattan auction site.

"This is historic from the standpoint of science fiction," said Gary Sekulow of Atlanta, who bought a pair of consoles from the fictional bridge of the Starfleet. He said the consoles are destined for his home theater.

The auction is one of several events commemorating the 40th anniversary of "Star Trek," which boasts some of the entertainment world's most dedicated fans.

But it wasn't the fans who were in costume this time -- it was the auction house employees, including the pointy ears made famous by Leonard Nimoy in the original Star Trek television series.

I watched a little bit of it, and was surprised to see how much people are willing to spend on a wall panel from a borg ship... Seriously, it was going for thousands. The only thing I would even consider purchasing would be models.