Sign in to follow this  
roguedawg

Football Season right around the corner....

Another season of football is right around the corner and I can't help but get a little excited about that.Hopefully,the New Orleans Saints will live up to their potential this year.There's no reason for them not to.Its hard being a Saints fan deep in the black and silver innards of the Raider Nation.My neighbors really rub it in every year when the Raiders and 49ers make the playoffs and my Saints are done.

I joined a fantasy football league for the first time last month.I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a single Saint in my line-up,and none of the other teams are willing to trade their Saints players for anybody I've got.I got Drew Brees at QB,and the NY Giants defense.Most of the other teams look loaded for bear.It may be a long season on two fronts.

Stardate:213597.9

Dont feel bad your fantasy team could probably beat our realteam.I dont watch football cause im embaressed by my home team.The Seattle Seachickens.errr uhhh i mean the Seattle Seahawks. :unsure:

im a, ready for this, CHEIFS FAN. i havent watched much football in the last few years. i stll admit to being a CHIFES FAN, but i get frustrated watching them throw away game after game. but at least im not a closet fan that only admits it when they do good.

I'm sitting in front of my computer wearing my green & gold jersey with the number 4--GO PACK!!! BRETT FAVRE RULES!!

Hate to tell you guys but the season has already begun for REAL football. We are into week 8 of the Canadian Football League season. You'll hear no complaints about playing in blizzard in October/November (that's home field advantage to our guys!), no complaints about playing in 32F weather in November (that's downright balmy - our players wouldn't even be wearing long sleeve shirts for that - sigh that reminds of the year I was at the Grey Cup game and it was -25C - what a great game) The game with 3 downs, 110 yard field and NO fair catch (what a wimpy rule!). CFL rules - NFL sleep.gif

Hate to tell you guys but the season has already begun for REAL football.  We are into week 8 of the Canadian Football League season.  You'll hear no complaints about playing in blizzard in October/November (that's home field advantage to our guys!), no complaints about playing in 32F weather in November (that's downright balmy - our players wouldn't even be wearing long sleeve shirts for that - sigh that reminds of the year I was at the Grey Cup game and it was -25C - what a great game)  The game with 3 downs, 110 yard field and NO fair catch (what a wimpy rule!).  CFL rules - NFL sleep.gif

Then, explain why Doug Flutie wanted to play in the NFL so bad instead of staying in the Canadian league, and Warren Moon never went back to the CFL. NFL RULES!!!! GO DOLPHINS!!! :) :bow: :)

I'm sitting in front of my computer wearing my green & gold jersey with the number 4--GO PACK!!!  BRETT FAVRE RULES!!

I'm right there with ya, mrskirk!

Hate to tell you guys but the season has already begun for REAL football.  We are into week 8 of the Canadian Football League season.  You'll hear no complaints about playing in blizzard in October/November (that's home field advantage to our guys!), no complaints about playing in 32F weather in November (that's downright balmy - our players wouldn't even be wearing long sleeve shirts for that

:) Sounds like a home game at Lambeau Field! They don't call it the frozen tundra for nothing! No wimpy domes for us! Go Pack!

not all nfl teams are warm blooded wimps. look at the CHEIFS, it gets pretty damn cold and snowy in KC. GO CHEIFS. maybe this year they'll come alive again. I only wish JOE MONTANA was back in action. oh well.

real football is played buy the best players ,and the best players are in the NFL baby ,flunkies play in canada

Hate to tell you guys but the season has already begun for REAL football.  We are into week 8 of the Canadian Football League season.  You'll hear no complaints about playing in blizzard in October/November (that's home field advantage to our guys!), no complaints about playing in 32F weather in November (that's downright balmy - our players wouldn't even be wearing long sleeve shirts for that - sigh that reminds of the year I was at the Grey Cup game and it was -25C - what a great game)  The game with 3 downs, 110 yard field and NO fair catch (what a wimpy rule!).  CFL rules - NFL sleep.gif

Then, explain why Doug Flutie wanted to play in the NFL so bad instead of staying in the Canadian league, and Warren Moon never went back to the CFL. NFL RULES!!!! GO DOLPHINS!!! :) :bow: :)

Warren Moon never would have been a quarterback in the NFL if it weren't for the CFL. NFL teams that were interested in him wanted to switch him to running back but he wanted to play quarterback or nothing. The Edmonton Eskimos gave him that opportunity and he had a glorious career in the CFL.

As for Doug Flutie, he wasn't given much of a chance in the NFL before he came north and had a great career too.

Some players just want to go home to play - no problem with that. However a lot of American players also decide to make their homes in Canada after playing here.

And why do players go to the NFL from the CFL - one word - MONEY!

BTW for those who don't know celsius conversions -25C is -13F. I remember one Grey Cup in Edmonton where they lied about the temperature and said it was warmer than it was. The temperature was around -30C (-22F).

real football is played buy the best players ,and the best players are in the NFL baby ,flunkies play in canada

Different games - different skills! I would be comfortable saying that many of the best NFL players wouldn't be able to play CFL football because of the differences in the game.

I still say CFL rules and the NFL sleep.gif but that's my opinion.

BTW did you know that the Superbowl festivities were originally modelled after the party atmosphere of the Grey Cup. The first Grey Cup celebration was an improptu party, parade, flapjack breakfast and other activites started by Calgary Stampeder fans in 1948.

tell ya what you get the best team in canada and ill take the bengals ....nfl would slaughter them ..any day!!!!

Hey,isn't the CFL that 3rd rate league that allowed American teams in back in the 90's,and as soon as our teams started dominating your title game the CFL kicked them all back out?Oh,man,that was funny :laugh:

tell ya what you get the best team in canada and ill take the bengals ....nfl would slaughter them ..any day!!!!

My high school varsity team could win the CFL title!Hahahahaha..... :laugh:

In all seriousness,isn't the CFL where the washouts from the NFL and World League go to become starters? :dude:

NFL and CFL are apples and oranges - different rules, different skills, different styles. I like the CFL better because I find the NFL to be BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe you could take a top NFL player and drop him in the CFL and he would do well - that was tried back in the 80's (anyone remember Vince Ferragamo - he BOMBED in the CFL in his prime).

I'm not going to insult your players and say they have no talent or skills. I'm only going to say that I LOVE the CFL and think it is an exciting game to watch.

As for the American teams dominating - HARDLY:

Baltimore: Overall Regular Season Record: 27-9

Sacramento: Overall Regular Season Record: 15-20-1

San Antonio: Overall Regular Season Record: 12-6

Birmingham: Overall Regular Season Record: 11-7

Memphis: Overall Regular Season Record: 9-9

Shreveport: Overall Regular Season Record: 8-28

Las Vegas: Overall Regular Season Record: 5-13

I think that supporting one's LOCAL team is commendable.

I try very hard to support the Falcons and even went to a pre-season game with my hubby last year, but they washed up. My hubby is a Raiders fan and i have a Raiders clock over my computer and a Raiders garbage can at my foot this very minute. He took it quite hard when the Raiders did not win the Superbowl.

I think the bickering about what countries teams are better is silly. Its not the issue. The issue is that the season is almost here and I'M GONNA BE A FOOTBALL WIDOW AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

seriously, insulting people's teams and homeland's players is mean and if you don't like it happening to you, don't do it to someone else! :dude:

support your team, but don't insult someone else's!

Go Raiders! ( i have to say that or i will be sent to the couch tonight :huh: )

NFL and CFL are apples and oranges - different rules, different skills, different styles.  I like the CFL better because I find the NFL to be BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe you could take a top NFL player and drop him in the CFL and he would do well - that was tried back in the 80's (anyone remember Vince Ferragamo - he BOMBED in the CFL in his prime).

I'm not going to insult your players and say they have no talent or skills.  I'm only going to say that I LOVE the CFL and think it is an exciting game to watch.

As for the American teams dominating - HARDLY:

Baltimore:  Overall Regular Season Record: 27-9

Sacramento: Overall Regular Season Record: 15-20-1

San Antonio: Overall Regular Season Record: 12-6

Birmingham: Overall Regular Season Record: 11-7

Memphis: Overall Regular Season Record: 9-9

Shreveport: Overall Regular Season Record: 8-28

Las Vegas: Overall Regular Season Record: 5-13

:laugh: Vince Ferragamo a Top NFL player?? :dude:

What I'd like to see is the Super Bowl champion play the Grey cup champion. Either rules, either field doesn't matter. My money would be on the NFL team. It's usually the case that when a player isn't capable of playing in the NFL he goes to the CFL. Don't get me wrong, no insult to Canadian football is meant but among most if not all U.S. NFL fans the CFL is considered semi-pro football.

I don't know if there has ever been a really Top NFL player go to the CFL to make a comparison of how well he would do. There have been some mediocer players and players at the ends of their careers go there but no one of note.

The year that Vince Ferragamo was in the CFL was the year after he lead the Rams to the Super Bowl so he must have had some talent. He and Billy "White Shoes" Johnson are the only two players that I can think of who were "lured" from the NFL to play in the CFL but both bombed. (Poor Johnson even lost his nickname because all CFL players wear white shoes lol).

I'm just curious as to how many of you who are dissing my game have even seen a CFL game played.

The year that Vince Ferragamo was in the CFL was the year after he lead the Rams to the Super Bowl so he must have had some talent.  He and Billy "White Shoes" Johnson are the only two players that I can think of who were "lured" from the NFL to play in the CFL but both bombed.  (Poor Johnson even lost his nickname because all CFL players wear white shoes lol).

I'm just curious as to how many of you who are dissing my game have even seen a CFL game played.

Here's Vince's NFL stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...rs/FerrVi00.htm

Hardly a great QB. The 1980 Rams had no business in the Super Bowl and the Steelers proved that.

Naming Ferragamo and Johnson as factors of why the CFL is better or harder to play then the NFL aren't really good examples.

The 2 games are different, the field is different the rules are different and (if I recall) scoring is different. I still stand behind my assertion that any Super Bowl Champion would win in a game against any Grey Cup champion using either rules on either field.

And yes, I have seen CFL games. I couldn't get interested in it. But then again the only sports I am interested in are NFL Football and College Basketball.

The year that Vince Ferragamo was in the CFL was the year after he lead the Rams to the Super Bowl so he must have had some talent.  He and Billy "White Shoes" Johnson are the only two players that I can think of who were "lured" from the NFL to play in the CFL but both bombed.  (Poor Johnson even lost his nickname because all CFL players wear white shoes lol).

Naming Ferragamo and Johnson as factors of why the CFL is better or harder to play then the NFL aren't really good examples.

I wasn't suggesting the CFL was better or harder because those players bombed. I was trying to show that because a player played/started in the NFL didn't mean he would automatically dominate in the CFL.

I'm sitting in front of my computer wearing my green & gold jersey with the number 4--GO PACK!!!  BRETT FAVRE RULES!!

God Bless You, Mrs. Kirk. It's tough being a Packer fan here in Redskins country but every sunday during the football season, there are Packer parties at my house. I invite all my football friends over since I sprung for the NFL ticket package on Direct tv. and if you don't root for the Packers, I charge for parking and beer. Brett Favre will rule the NFL this year. Although I will admit that the defense does not look too good yet. Hopefully this will be corrected by the time the Vikes show up for game one.

wow ...touchy ...not to pick on any bodies teams , i actually like collage ball better ,the players play with more heart (i think anyways).OHIO STATE #1

I do agree that collage ball is much better but I do like to watch the Panthers play. I've watched all of thier telivised games sense the team formed.

Oh yea before I forget GO NOLES!!!!

I think I'm the only person in Columbus that does not like OSU.

I do agree that collage ball is much better but I do like to watch the Panthers play. I've watched all of thier telivised games sense the team formed.

yea that "clarrett"thing is outta control....

I think not being raised in Columbus has a little something to do with it.

GO NOLES!!

I think not being raised in Columbus has a little something to do with it.

GO NOLES!!

we cant all be so lucky.. :dude:

Hate to tell you guys but the season has already begun for REAL football.  We are into week 8 of the Canadian Football League season.  You'll hear no complaints about playing in blizzard in October/November (that's home field advantage to our guys!), no complaints about playing in 32F weather in November (that's downright balmy - our players wouldn't even be wearing long sleeve shirts for that

:bow:Sounds like a home game at Lambeau Field! They don't call it the frozen tundra for nothing! No wimpy domes for us! Go Pack!

Definately GO PACK!!! Yay!!!! :wow::dude::bow:

my choice of teams to cheer for:Packers, Vikings and Jaguars

Side note: I tend to root for the "home" team the Jacksonville Jaguars. They have their good years, but ugggghhhh geez last year pretty much stunk. ( :dude::dude::bow: x1000)<--- My opinion of last year's Jags! they better do something right this year!

Plus, High school football is on its way too...gotta cheer for my alma mater St. Augustine High School. District Champs 3 years straight, undefeated in regular season last year, and State semi finalists 2 years running. Go Yellow Jackets!!!!!!!!