Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Early season episodes

Stardate:213597.7

Well a few days ago they finally restared the series around here like they always do with TNG.Its the first time they have showed any episodes before season 3 in a few years around here.Today was Past Prolouge.It was a very good episode.I was amazed on how the characters looked and acted as aposed to how they looked and acted in the later seasons.Im so used to the way things are then it seems weird watching these earlier episodes.

In Past Prolouge we are introduced to Garak.I love how him and Doctor Bashir first meet and the way Garak gets Bashir involved in his plots.

Its amazing how much the character of Dr.Bashir developed.He went from a wide eyed Lt. who was suspicious about everything, to doing spy missions in the holodeck with Garak to, being a real spy for Section 31.

I also thought it was funny watching Sikso and Kira interact.I had almost forgotten how different things were back then.

My favorite part in Past Prolouge is when Sisko tells Kira after she talked to the Admiral about him "You go over my head and Ill have yours on a platter!" :unsure:

I loved the way Garak came to Bashir in this episode and sought out his friendship, it was a friendship they carried out through the whole series. I loved it when Bashir runs to Ops and says "Guess who talked to me!" lol and how he assures Sisko that he won't give any Federation medical secrets away.

"Garak!!...The Spy!!"

:unsure:

I loved that.

I really enjoyed Watching Season 1 again when I got the DVDs.

And you're right. it was quite different. Meeting Dukat In The First Episode was interesting too. Having a Ally/Enemy recurring Chracter Last The Entire Series was great.

And on "In The Hands Of Prpphets", the Season Finale, we met that Greedy, Power Hungry, Crazy Blankity Blank, Winn. Differene in her and Dukat, Dukat's a Likable Villian, lol.

"Garak!!...The Spy!!"

:unsure:

I loved that.

What, plain, simple Garak? I don't understand - you mean he's NOT just a simple tailor?

I just bought season 1 DVD's - already have 2 and 3. I've turned someone else on to DS9, and she's thinking of buying her own DVD's - a new convert! ;)

I have the full first Season On VHS from where I recorded it when it originally aired. I have almost worn out the tapes playing them over and over.

I HAVE DS9 SEASONS 1 AND 2 AND THE FIRST COUPLE EPS OF 3 ON VHS FROM COLUMBIA MAIL-IN. I WATCH EM ALL THE TIME. I LIKE IN Q-LESS HOW SISCO KNOCKS Q AROUND, LOL. I ALSO LOVED THE TRILOGY EPISODES: HOMECOMING, THECIRCLE, AND THE SIEGE! ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO UP AGAINST ME IN TRIV ABOUT THE FIRST SEASONS OF DS9 AND VOY ARE WELCOME TO TRY, LOL. OR WE COULD JUST TALK ABOUT EM. CYA!

Yes, the earlier episodes were something quite different. I imagine it is because the show is more character driven that other ST's and thus the characters evolved substantially more which makes them seem oddly different when you go back to the beggining.