Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

EMT Services

Have you noticed in most all of the series when someone is injured they have to walk themselves to sick bay. On ENT when they did come pick up Hoshi it certainly wasn't done the way current EMT's would treat someone with a head injury - they just flopped her onto the stretcher.

i have to agree ,they dont treat them like they have a neck or back injury ,in the real world ( speaking of which ,i just finished watching the packers/chiefs football game---some player got his bell rung and they took 30 minutes to get him off the field ,back brace,neck brace etc....)they treat them like its no big deal. :look:

I noticed that too, and it drove me crazy. I found myself yelling at the TV, I was so angry. People unknowingly learn from what they see on TV and this definitely sends the WRONG message. :lol:

Granted, the injured need treatment quickly but, you would think in the 22nd-24th centuries, that they would still adhere to the same stabilization techniques/protocols that are in practice today. Assess, stabilize, then move.

The writers and directors can make me so angry with their lapses!

:look:

Well, Sickbay is usually just a few decks away. Maybe they just plop them on the stretcher and let the Doctor sort it out?

Doctor, "You tore her neck muscle, putting her on the stretcher!"

Guy, "Woops."

Doctor, "Be more careful." *Doctor waves little device with flashy lite*

Patient sits up, "Thanks, Doc!"

:look:

Heck, normaly when you are injured on a starfeet ship, you have to battle your way to Sick Bay.... (yea, I noticed many times). I always wondered why they just dont have a personal transporter.

Click for Spoiler:

In human error, with Seven of Nine, I think she was carried or either transported. Guess you have to have great legs and *excuse the analogy, torpedos... to recieve special attention to be carried into Sick Bay. <_<