Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Clothes of the Future

I've always thought it was weird how some clothes of the future were portrayed. Some of the clothes people are wearing on Earth are things I wouldn't even wear now. But Kirk keeps it real, lol. In Star Trek V he is wearing a T-shirt that says "Go Climb A Rock" on it which shows that T-Shirts with pics on them are still around in the future! That's my style, lol

I, too, have marveled at some of the "complicated" and "busy" items of clothing we see on these shows. As if people wouldn't have learned how to dress comfortably by the 23rd/24th century!

Also, the women's hairstyles are ridiculous. I predict that if our species lasts into those centures, women and men will be shaving their heads. Think how much more comfortable and easy it would be to get up and get going in the morning.

And make-up will go away as well.

I disagree. I don't think that vanity will ever go away.

Vanity changes, though, over time. We don't go around wearing hoopskirts anymore and men have given up fedoras, suits/ties for everyday wear, etc. etc.

Make-up goes through phases ... garish one decade, bland the next, now we're back to garish. But each time it goes back to bland the fashion becomes more and more colorless.

I hope we're all wearing the same thing and shaving our heads. I'd rather do that than put on some of the weirdo looking garb they had Jake Sisko wearing, or Wesley. Those poor kids ... at least Cirroc had "cool" going for him, but poor Wil Wheaton probably took forever to live down some of those outfits.