Sign in to follow this  
Stewart

Data's girls?

Ok, I was wondering. I heard that there is a lot of Data fans here and I see some members that have the last name “soong” and I was thinking it had to do with Data, but you all seem to post in the same thread.

Are you ladies related in any way? :rolleyes:

You’re right Stewart! There are quite a few Data fans here and you’re also right there are a number of Soongs – four altogether – Lessa, Yillara, Tasha and myself. As to whether any of us are related I guess the best answer is yes and no. happywinker.gif None of the Soongs are related by family ties although Lessa Soong and I are sisters by choice. coupleinlove.gif So other than Lessa and I, the Soongs at STF are just all fans of the same lovable android who happen to post at the same boards.

Exactly. When it comes to my name, I shall explain. Yillara is a character in a story I have been trying to work on for around 11 years(story is in my head in full, but only partially on paper). Her full name is Yillara Skye Soong, yes in my story Data marries her. Her backstory is confusing, so I shall not write it here until I finish my story(though I may be old and grey by the time that happens :rolleyes: )

My little sister(not on the boards, at least not yet) and I used to make up stories when we were kids about how we would marry the Sons of Soong...She'd marry Lore and I would marry Data. :lol: :lol: We cant help it. :lol:

But no, I am not related to them, I know them...but not related..

:rolleyes: You were asking me in another thread if I knew that I was not really Data. Yes, I realize that Data is a fictional character. But in this forum I am known as Data so I am Data here. Do you understand?

I'm dsbs for Data Soong Brent Spiner if that counts

I think that definately counts dsbs...you should be included...our number is 6 everyone......me, dsbs, Tasha, Lessa, Takara....and my real life sister EmilSoong. She'll be around this thread soon.

I belive that anyone who loves a character, or are "fans" of a specific character are in a "family" I was in the band, and the band was a "family" because of there love of music. So, thus, any "fan" of a character are FAMILY! Thus, "sisters" all of the girls who like data are! It doesn't matter how close the people are who love that character. So, yes, dsbs, you should be considered a "sister"!

I belive that anyone who loves a character, or are "fans" of a specific character are in a "family" I was in the band, and the band was a "family" because of there love of music. So, thus, any "fan" of a character are FAMILY! Thus, "sisters" all of the girls who like data are! It doesn't matter how close the people are who love that character. So, yes, dsbs, you should be considered a "sister"!

hmmm, very good Emil, very good point...as all of my students are like my own children. We all love gymnastics, and we are a family. Even as I leave the sport, I will always be their gym mommy and their big sister. So I wholeheartedly agree with what you said.

Go "Little" Sister :lol: :o (OK, ok so I know you are only 22 months younger, but still... :blink: ;) )

Dsbs is actually an ORIGINAL Soong. She has been here and a Data fan for a LONG while.

I am Lessa, Mod of TOS and the Movie and the second of the sisters. Dsbs and I met at StarTrek.com and i have known her and Takara the longest. Back on that board Takara and i both responded to a post of a mamber and were called the Soong Sisters and the name stuck.

Her and i are the ones that started it all.

However, i don't know "emil" :lol:

But i know that all Data fans are welcome here on this board. :blink:

Data Rocks!

I'm not a Soong, I do like Data though. I guess if we go with "family relations" of a favorite character I am VaBeachGuy son of Keldar and Ishka (We call her Moogie though). :blink:

Click for Spoiler:

Just kidding :lol:

I think of STF as a community of Trek fans consisting of family, friends and, yes, strangers who all have a love of Trek. I have some very good friends here who I consider to be part of my STF family however I don't include someone as part of my family based on a similar screen name. For me, Lessa, RC, VBG, dill, DSBS and AE are my STF family because they are my friends and I love and respect them.

Dsbs is actually an ORIGINAL Soong. She has been here and a Data fan for a LONG while.

I am Lessa, Mod of TOS and the Movie and the second of the sisters. Dsbs and I met at StarTrek.com and i have known her and Takara the longest. Back on that board Takara and i both responded to a post of a mamber and were called the Soong Sisters and the name stuck.

Her and i are the ones that started it all.

However, i don't know "emil"  ;)

But i know that all Data fans are welcome here on this board.  :o

Data Rocks!

Lessa, Emil is my younger sister...she is the one who was going to sign on for the longest time...

And VBG.... :lol: So YOU'RE Moogie's son??? Oh, OK...cool... :blink:

From what I understand is that there was a "Soong Sisters" thing that was started with the following involved : You, Lessa, Yillara, Dsbs... Thus, even though there have been disputes between whomever... I'm not saying I know everything.. But, I have disputes with my family <In-Laws and main> and, they are still my brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers.. You cannot change what has been started.. Yes, you may not agree with the others on topics, and you may be angry at on another, but you still are family. You still are in essence, sisters.

ummm, what's going on here?? :blink: OK, ok... here it is... Emil and I are sisters by blood. T and L are sisters by choice, dsbs is friends with most of us mentioned. And Tasha, I haven't seen her post in awhile... I think I have it right here.

Anyway you slice it...we are all fans of Data and his family. Related in any way or not.

From what I understand is that there was a "Soong Sisters" thing that was started with the following involved : You, Lessa, Yillara, Dsbs... Thus, even though there have been disputes between whomever... I'm not saying I know everything.. But, I have disputes with my family <In-Laws and main> and, they are still my brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers.. You cannot change what has been started.. Yes, you may not agree with the others on topics, and you may be angry at on another, but you still are family. You still are in essence, sisters.

I completely disagree! My mother once told me "you can choose your friends but you can't choose your relatives". You and Yillara are sisters, you can have your disagreements and you are still family. Yillara and I, you and I are members of STF and that's it. I choose my friends based on who they are inside and it has nothing to do with what a person's screen name is. My sisters are Lessa, RC and DSBS and that's it! So please do NOT refer to me as a sister. Family is very important to me and I don't throw around the words "sister" or "brother" lightly. Having a screen name or a favourite character in common does not make anyone my sister or brother. Excuse me if I sound harsh but I don't like being lumped into a group based solely on my screen name.

I completely disagree! My mother once told me "you can choose your friends but you can't choose your relatives". You and Yillara are sisters, you can have your disagreements and you are still family. Yillara and I, you and I are members of STF and that's it. I choose my friends based on who they are inside and it has nothing to do with what a person's screen name is. My sisters are Lessa, RC and DSBS and that's it! So please do NOT refer to me as a sister. Family is very important to me and I don't throw around the words "sister" or "brother" lightly. Having a screen name or a favourite character in common does not make anyone my sister or brother. Excuse me if I sound harsh but I don't like being lumped into a group based solely on my screen name.

Being the older sister of one here and I know the other.....could you two do me a big favor and... KNOCK IT OFF! Geez this squabbling is giving me quite a headache, and I am sure it is doing the same thing to others who are reading this.

Being the older sister of one here and I know the other.....could you two do me a big favor and... KNOCK IT OFF! Geez this squabbling is giving me quite a headache, and I am sure it is doing the same thing to others who are reading this.

Things are starting to get a little out of hand in this topic so I am closing it.

The answer to Stewart's original question is that other than Yillara and Emil none of the Soongs on the board are related.

Lessa, DSBS and I are sisters by choice but otherwise the only connection between any Soong is a love of Data and TNG.