Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

As luck would have it

As luck would have it, the very day I upgraded this board Invision came out with a new update for the software. This update fixes some bugs and fills some security holes. In the very near future (very soon) I will implement these updates to fix the issues it was meant to fix. When that happens the board will act a little strange at times and we'll likely lose the Portal as well as the modified posting options. Once the update is installed I'll have to go back and clean some things up and re modify the the custom features. This makes a lot more work for me but then again it keeps me busy lol.

In another month or 2 Invision will be releasing their final release of the 1.2 software and we may wind up doing it all over again, but I want the board to have the best available software as soon as it's available.

Oh well. I guess that is one of Murphy's Laws.

Yeah, and it's one of those things where I really need to do the update to plug some pretty big security holes that were discovered.

Yeah, and it's one of those things where I really need to do the update to plug some pretty big security holes that were discovered.

I guess so, well, I am sure it will turn out ok.

What sort of security leak? :rolleyes:

Nothing that would have affected you at all, mostly admin stuff where it would be possible for someone to come in and cause some mischief.

Good Lord! (chills)

You have my total sympathy. I work for a very large Corporation and we just completely changed our entire Payroll System software for the entire country. This is like the 5th major software conversion I have been in and they always SUCK!!! :da-boot:

Hang in there dude. One thing I've learned is that eventually the bugs do get worked out. Of course, by then the software is obsolete... B) :rolleyes: :lol:

Anyway, I for one am very grateful for all your hard work. This is trully my favorite place to hang. You're the best. :lol: :lol: :) :)

Anyway, I for one am very grateful for all your hard work.  This is trully my favorite place to hang.  You're the best.

just call me quote master J..but I couldnt agree more.

Nothing that would have affected you at all, mostly admin stuff where it would be possible for someone to come in and cause some mischief.

Ack! That is not good, but I am sure you'll save the day!

YOU ARE THE MAN, and i for one appreciate all you do for us, here at STFANS.NET. i enjoy coming here, and posting with my online friends. thanks again VBG.

You do a great job VBG and I for one truly appreciate it. And I know everyone else on the board does too. Keep up the good work!

:lol: :look: :lol: