Oh man, this movie is going to rock so hard!!! :bow: I'm a HUGE fan of Kevin Smith and Jay and Silent Bob. I've seen the making of and trailers and I can say that this looks like a fan pleaser. Can't wait to see it this weekend. :bow:

Edited by Gamera

i can't wait. loved the first clerks. love jay and silent bob. kevin smith is totally awesome! just saw him on a talk show the other day.

tm

I can't wait to see it - I love Jay and Silent Bob! :bow:

You know, anyone knows that if they are going to a movie created by Kevin Smith it's going to be a certain "kind" of movie! What the hell did Siegel expect to see? Lawrence of Arabia? Cheaper by the Dozen?

What an idiot. Of course, I pretty much disagree with every single one of his reviews, so what the hell was I really expecting out of Joel Siegel?

This movie is getting good reviews!! I'm very happy about it, but I'm not going to see it until tomorrow. This movie looks awesome and has some memorable scenes from it. Nothing could top Jay's rap from J&SB Strike Back and Clerks, but Jay's Silence of the Lambs Dance is a future classic as well!!

Edited by Gamera

I loved it, I think that Kevin's writing has become better over time. I thought the friendship with Dante and Randal was proven even greater in this movie. The jokes weren't that funny, at first, but as the movie progressed, the movie got better. The end of the film almost had me in tears, thought it was a nice way to end the movie and franchise if they decide to do so. Not that I wish that it ends, but I can't imagine a 50 year old Jay and Silent Bob.

Elias was a funny addition to the storyline. Jay and Silent Bob were still funny, loved the ABC dance number. Overall, it has become my favorite movie out of all of them. I HIGHLY recommend this movie to everyone. If you have seen Clerks, it makes this one even better!

I was really worried that there were gonna be way too many inside jokes involving the first movie. And up until near the end, there weren't really many, if any. I can appreciate that.

It took me awhile to get used to the effects of aging on the actors/characters. Jay looked like a scarecrow's stand-in, Randal's put on weight (not much though), Dante looked a lot more blemished...it was all just a little difficult to get down at first. The fact that they kept working in the passage of time into the dialogue really helped.

As far as sequels go, this was tremendous. A little disappointed that there wasn't as much anti-customer or I-hate-my-job sentiment in this one. There was really only one brief instance of said sentiment. Those sentiments are a HUGE part of what made the first movie so awesome. The love story came to head much more, and it kinda bummed me.

A little surprised that they pushed the one gag as far as they did. I wasn't offended, but I did think, "Does this need to go on like this, drawing it out?" At least it worked for the movie.

Elias was an awesome addition. At first I thought, ok a microcosm of everything that Smith hates in people, maybe? But thankfully they just pushed the character so far and hyperbolic that it was just absurd.

A hilarious movie. I was laughing so often throughout it.

One thing I do wonder though.......Jay does a lot more dancing in this one than the first one, and I remember in the commentary on the first movie, Smith said that getting Mewes to dance was difficult because he was such a prima donna about it. I can't help but wonder if he wrote more dancing in just to get a little jab in at Mewes.

9/10

This movie is getting good reviews!! I'm very happy about it, but I'm not going to see it until tomorrow. This movie looks awesome and has some memorable scenes from it. Nothing could top Jay's rap from J&SB Strike Back and Clerks, but Jay's Silence of the Lambs Dance is a future classic as well!!

I don't get it. What was the big deal about that dance?