Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Grewsome Scenes in STAR TREK

The most grewsome scene by far is Remmick's demise in TNG's "Conspiracy". Then again, we have the Borg Queen assembling in ST:FC, VOY "Dark Frontier", and "Unimatriz Zero".

Anywho, I think if done properly, it works for a very suspenseful/scarry episode/movie. What do you think? Would you like to see more of the occasional grewsome scene, or would you rather just hear a sound effect and watch the crew react? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't categorize any of those scenes as gruesome. Have you ever watched a horror movie? If you want to see gruesome may I suggest the classic "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" if you want to see gruesome.

As for something "gruesome" being in a movie it depends. Sometimes not seeing something can be scarier than seeing it (Jaws is an example where the shark wasn't seen very often but knowing it was there and the music made the scene scary). In Star Trek it would depend on the story and what was being shown. I've never found any scene in Star Trek to be gruesome although there are some that I can't watch (the beginning of FC for example when that pointy thing comes towards Picard's eye *shudder*).

Edited by Takara_Soong

Stardate:213586.1

Yeh I would like to see maybe one or two more gruseome scenes in Star Trek if it was written well

Oooooo...I really like the scary and intense ones.

Click for Spoiler:

How about Night Terrors when Beverly is in the temporary morgue and all the bodies sit up? It was so good!

I'm so glad that Enterprise made the Borg scary again and I have high hopes for the Expanse. I just love it when they add an X-Files flavor.

--------------------------------

Eyes. Eyes in the dark. One moon circles...

I liked the Remmick scene very much because I like all kinds of horror movies... :rolleyes:

I would also like it if there were more scenes like that but I like Star Trek without them, too. So I would not be upset if more scenes like the exploding head/body of Remmick were produced.

Mrs. Captain Picard

Trek has never really been gruesome to me, even the scenes with Remmick or even the scenes in the First Contact(movie, I know but Trek nonetheless) where the crewmembers were being fitted with Borg inplants....creepy but not gruesome, IMO. Texas Chainsaw, that could be gruesome...other horror/slasher films yes, but Trek was never high in the blood and guts department(which is fine by me)

And believe me, I have seen numerous horror films....(which usually dont creep me out too much, with the exception of Event Horizon)

As long as they don't add unnecessary gore then I would be fine if they added gruesome scenes. However, for me Trek has never needed gore and I'm actualy kinda glad they have hardly used any gruesome scenes at all. So instead of Star Trek relying on graphicaly showing how gruesome or terrible something is, the actors in Trek have to show when and how something is 'gruesome' by their acting. Which means that Star trek gets top quaity actors and doesn't go for the cheapest available and patch up the cracks with speacil effects.

I'd love more gruesome scenes.How about a movie pitting Aliens (without Ellen Ripley) against the Star Trek:TNG or DS9 crews?Can you imagine Chief O'Brien crawling through access tunnels on DS9,phaser in hand,searching for Aliens?Or crewmembers aboard the Enterprise-E being hunted aboard their own ship?I'd love to see this film or read the book.

Oooooh I love this idea!!! The ALIEN movies are my fave non-trek movies and I would LOVE to see the TNG crew against the evil ALIENS... It must be great to see... I imagine such a huge ALIEN queen on the ENT-E bridge staring at a desperate TNG crew... AMAZING!!!

Mrs. Captain Picard

i like the scene in first contact where the borg queens body parts desolve when she is pulled into the plasma gas by data ,fasinating.... :look:

I feel that Shinzons death was gruesome. Not it a gory kind of way, but it an chilling sense when he pulls himself along the object that is impaling him. As for the grusome, I like a little in Star Trek... but not too much. Too much of a good thing is never a good thing.

I wish they had more bloody and gruesome scenes in ST, why PG it?

For example: the Klingons are suppose to be this ultimate warrior, CRAP, i havent seen them slash anyones head with that thing they got, all u hear is a slash of the sword. Not even a blood splatter.

:) Bel Ami :bow:

Well, we don't want them to have to say "Viewer discression is advised. :)

Let's not go as far as people getting chopped up on screen. I'm not talking "blood'n guts", something more like when we see the Borg Queen getting assembled. Stuff that makes ya wig out without being extreme, know what I mean?

Okay,I read in Star Trek The Magazine,that the Borg were originally intended to look like zombies.So why not let Tom Savini or Sam Raimi come up with some Borg fx,then let George Romero direct an episode or a film featuring the Borg.That would be killah!

:)