Sign in to follow this  
NordicBearskin

Who is your favourite Star Trek character?

Who is your fave character ever in Star Trek and why are they?

Mine would be Jadzia Dax of DS9. Jadzia had by far deepest character ever on Star Trek. She could be a vibrant humorus person, telling jokes and then the next minute be a wise philosopher, advising her friends. She was intelligent and her character felt far older then her age. She had an air of the almost supernatural about her and yet was completly human and down-to-earth. She was extremely brave and overcame her deepest fears and woes more then once. She was strong willed and faced adversity countless times but she was always open with her feelings. She put great store in loyalty and she was witty, friendly and very compassionate. But she also had a mean streak in her which made her more lifelike

She had deep waters of the soul yet kept a bouyant mind...

Anyhow, does anyone else have an all time favourite character?

Data is definitely my all-time favourite character and Brent Spiner's portrayal of Data is the major reason. He did such an amazing job in making me feel Data's emotions for Data so that everything Data couldn't feel I was feeling for him.

Jean-Luc Picard is my all-time favorite in "Star Trek" because he is an incredible character.

Of course this is mainly due to Patrick Stewart, the actor behind the captain :P . And I am such a big fan of Patrick and I love his appearances in Star Trek, mainly of course as Jean-Luc Picard, but also as Dixon Hill, Locutus of Borg and so on... (there are some more he played but they only appeared in one or two episodes :P )

I am sooo amazed everytime I see Jean-Luc. He is the best captain and Star Trek charater ever (I think) and there is no one who can do it better (okay, this is just MY opinion, I do not want to insult anyone).

Mrs. Captain Picard

My favorite Star Trek character is B'Elanna Torres. I identify a great deal with her personality, her emotions, her deep convictions and concerns about how people are treated; as well as her conflicts and struggles in life. :P

Data, but then i am a Soong, so you might have figured that out...Data had such depth and was so gentle even with the strength of ten men. He is my dream of perfection in a man and i doubt that will ever change!

Not a tough question to answer at all, for the past 16 years(and counting) my favorite has always been Data.

Brent Spiner does contribute a lot to the portrayal(not only of Data, but also of Lore, Dr. Soong as well as the multitude of other characters he got to be during TNG's run)

I see Data as a person who would be a great best friend, he is kind, highly intellegent, strong, gentle, honest, highly attractive( :P OK, everyone knew I would add that quality in... ), charming, compassionate, a good listener, protective, humorous(though he never ever seemed to realize this), quiet until you asked for information(OK, so he tended to babble at that point...but that was always kind of cute when he would do that, IMO). He was someone a lot of people could relate to, I know I always have. In his quest to understand humanity, he was always the outsider looking in, though there were so very many times that he seemed more human than his human crewmates. Ummmm, that should sum up why I like/love the character of Data, heck no...when it comes to talking about him, I tend to babble too(well, what do you expect, I have liked/loved him for 16 years :P ). So I shall stop talking now... :P

In my case, it's Data and Dax

Data for all the reason already mentionned

Dax the same.... Probably I like Jadzia a little more since we know her better. But I like the "Dax" entity a lot

Stardate:213584.6

Mine would also be Data.I remember when I first Started watching Star Trek when I as 6 during TNG's third season it was Data that really got me interrested about the show.I have always wanted to meet Brent Spiner and shake his hand on an awsome job with the character and thank him for helping bring me into the world of Star Trek.

There are a lot of Trek charcters that I like, Data, Dax, Kira, Worf....However Mr. Spock is my favorite even after all these years..Leornard Nimoy's portrayal of Spock was fantastic..So cool and logical but occasionally his human side would show..You see I started watching TOS when I was a teenager, 30 years ago!..It was magic to an impressionable teenager..I wanted to be as cool and logical as Spock! Who ever could?..It wasn't only those 79 episodes..It was those 6 movies too..I cried when he died at the end of Star Trek 2. This was a character that was a part of my life growing up..We were lucky that we got him back in Star Trek 3.. :P

Mine is Dr. Leonard McCoy. He was the voice of humanity in TOS. Flawed, emotional, searching, loyal, skilled, opinionated, and strong. He wore his heart on his sleeve, and that heart was pretty filled with the crew of the Enterprise. The Empath can still make me cry, as can the end of The Search for Spock - when, as the human who has arguably suffered the most during the movie, and who has faced death for Spock above and beyond what the others did (with the possible exception of Kirk), he is pretty much ignored by his friends and crewmates.

Bones pushed those around him to solidify their opinions, hold themselves accountable for their actions, and remember that logic works its best when balanced by emotion. (and vice versa)

Mr. Kelley, rest in peace.

I've said this so often that I'm having a hard time coming up with new and original ways to explain this:

Data is my favorite character. Before I even became slightly interested in Star Trek, he was my favorite. I had only watched a few parts of a few shows, maybe while flipping channels, I don't know. But to me, there was always something about Data that set him apart from the others. Interestingly enough, it was Data who first got me watching Star Trek.

It was late one night, and I had just finished watching a rented movie. I turned the VCR off and there on the TV, The Next Generation was playing. The episode was "Elementary, Dear Data." I liked him in that episode. When Pulaski challenged him, I remember feeling angry at her for being so mean... for treating him with what seemed like less respect and politeness just because he wasn't like her.

Later, I was walking through a bookstore, looking for a particular magazine, and my eyes caught a shiny cover with pictures of Kirk, Picard, and Archer (at this point, I had no idea who Archer was). It was some special TV guide magazine commemorating Star Trek. I picked it up and turned instantly to the page about Data. I read about him and became even more intrigued by his character. I wanted to know more about him, so I started watching The Next Generation whenever it was on. Not only did I grow to love Data, I grew to love the show. It was not long after, I started watching the other series. I loved them all.

Data's not only my favorite because of his wonderful character traits that have been shared here and elsewhere by others. He also led me to the wonderful world of Star Trek. Through him, I've found a great TV show. A TV show that I like so much that it is very, very easy to forget that it is TV show. It has become so much more for me. It is a world in which I wish to live... a world I hope will become a reality some day. If not for Data, I would have missed out on something very special. And if not for him, I wouldn't be here at these boards.

Captain Christopher Pike.In my opinion Pike was the quintessential command officer.Approachable,but removed from his subordinates.Willing and able to make tough decisions,but mindful of the consequences.A brilliant military tactician and an experienced explorer/scientist.Pike had it all.It's too bad we only have the TOS episode "The Cage".I would've loved to see Pike(the healthy Pike) on more episodes.That's why I really love to find TOS novels featuring Pike's Enterprise and crew(like Vulcan's Glory).

Captain Janeway is my favorite character of the Star Trek SAGA. She handles serious situation with ease, and readyiness while knowing how to enjoy herself. She loves exploration and has complications with love, she as real as they come, and I think everyone can really relate to her, beucase she is more of a mother in the show, but still has that father force that you would expect from a captain.

:look: Bel Ami :lol: