Sign in to follow this  
hangon

SWF Moslim target

Starwarsfans has been De-faced with moslim anti usa crap useing hacking tool called "Warrior virus" a very destructive tool.

I am pissed off cuz swf was created by friends of mine and it would end up costing a friendship. I have been holding the fort hoping that one day what former friends created might bring that friendship back.

To angry to type will update asap

Daniel, it is not your fault that SWF was target with a virus. :assimilated: I am sorry that it happen, and hoping that it will get fix soon.

I just hope that doesn't happen here. VBG would never let it happen, but I rather not take any chances.

I'm in the process of fixing it, it may take a couple of days (only because of time constraints on my) but when it's done it will have been upgraded to a more secure version of Invision. So all is well. It will just take a little time to set things back to what they should be.

It would appear more boards that are on Invision and others where hacked into in the last week. There are many boards of older version are down and in the process of updating themselves. There are some boards are up and running have, but have lost everything from the virus attack.

Edited by Odie

Thanks dawn*hugs*.

@Capt.P..hmmm its not about letting things happen..

Anyone using IPB this virus targets all IPB boards!!

Google shows nearly 2000 sites hit and atleast 1000 of those cant get online.

For help contact invision.com or click on the link in your admin control panel.

Thanks dawn*hugs*.

@Capt.P..hmmm its not about letting things happen..

Anyone using IPB this virus targets all IPB boards!!

Google shows nearly 2000 sites hit and atleast 1000 of those cant get online.

For help contact invision.com or click on the link in your admin control panel.

That older version of Invision had a security hole and that's how they were able to hack in. What they do is go in and delete the Admin usernames so they can't access their Admin controls to fix the situation.

Anyone that knows a few things about php and that has access to the raw database can easily fix the situation though.

I've already fixed it but I don't have a lot of time to upgrade the software at the moment so it will take a day or so before I can put the board back online. Our database is intact though.