Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Survivor Winner Hatch Sentenced To 51 Months Of Prison

Survivor winner Richard Hatch, who won $1 million in the debut season of the show, was sentenced to 51 months in jail Tuesday, for failing to pay taxes. The 45-year-old was convicted in January of not paying income tax on his reality TV prize, as well as other earnings. The charges carried a maximum of 13 years in prison and when Hatch was convicted in January, US District Judge Ernest Torres said he expected to sentence him to between 33 and 41 months. Torres said he issued a harsher sentence because Hatch had committed perjury repeatedly throughout his trial. He said, "It seems unfortunately very clear to me that Mr. Hatch lied." Hatch made a statement before his sentence was read saying, "I believe I've been completely truthful and completely forthcoming throughout the entire process." He claimed he thought the show's producers would pay his taxes and pleaded ignorance about money matters, saying he forgot to tell his accountants about some income

I would suggest that Hatch not prance around naked in jail like he did on "Survivor"................