Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

I am so depressed about season 3

I see some people are all excited about the next season. I am glad for some of the changes but I can't deal with the Trip and T'Pol scenario. I know these aren't real people so I shouldn't care. But they had to pick a character I liked - of course by now I like most of them.

But I am really sad, sad, sad. Oh well, thank goodness for Stargate.

Aw, don't get yourself all worked up just yet. You can't get all of your information from parts of interviews and rumors. You might be misinterpreting what people are saying. Or maybe they're just saying this to get people interested, and it'll turn out to be something very different. Maybe this whole T'Pol/Tucker thing is going to be them finally becoming friends. It'd be great if it was. It seems they've been at each other's throats for long enough. Try not to worry yourself over this. There's no sense in worrying because we don't even know everything that's going to happen yet. Who knows? You might end up liking the way they do this.

I agree,you should'nt get all worked up over something that has not happened yet.This could turn out to be the best season yet,but we'll just have to wait and see.

But if you do get too depressed you can always come here.My shoulder is always available to cry on! :wow:

Eh, want some advice? Don't worry about what "news" is floating arround, and just wait for the season 3 premiere. :wow: If Season 3 turns out to be aweful, find the nearest escape pod. However, if it turns out to be excellent, find permanent quarters. :hug:

Me, I don't get upset when a TV show goes bad. If it does, I just say, "Welp, that was fun," and find something else to watch or do. :hug:

I see some people are all excited about the next season.  I am glad for some of the changes but I can't deal with the Trip and T'Pol scenario.  I know these aren't real people so I shouldn't care.  But they had to pick a character I liked - of course by now I like most of them.

But I am really sad, sad, sad.  Oh well, thank goodness for Stargate.

Um, can someone please tell me what the 'Trip and T'Pol scenario' is? I've been to the sunny shores of France for a week and I am currently not 'in the know'.

Cheers :wow:

The Trip/T'Pol scenario--confirmed in print by Rick Berman at the Television Critics Press Tour which took place last week--is the following:

Click for Spoiler:

The critics asked Berman if T'Pol and Archer would pursue a romance and he said, "No. If T'Pol shares any romance with the crew it will be with the gentleman seated to my left." That gentleman was Connor Trinneer, who apparently charmed the entire room of reporters with the big SEG he got on his face according to the woman who wrote the article. :wow: With all due respect to Unicorn Hunter, who is depressed by the idea, I'm pleased. This isn't going to be a case of Trip suddenly becoming overcome by lust for T'Pol. Berman (who didn't promise a romance by any means; he was purposely vague on that score) said that Trip will eventually reach a breaking point and seek her help because he is so distraught and angry about his sister's death that he can't handle it anymore. He needs to be able to get a handle on his own emotions because he's having trouble functioning. Now that intrigues me. Whether they hit the sheets or not, Trip and T'Pol had a spark during season one that's been ignored last season. Berman basically opined that he wants to reenergize the Archer/T'Pol/Trip triad. IMHO, this bodes well because it's character focused and not out of left field. It allows for an interpersonal arc to be put in place.

So that's it. :hug:

Hmmmmmmm...

That would be a good character plot if they did it right. I just hope that the don't take the Next-Gen-and-Will-Riker-route, whereupon he charms 99.8% of the women he meets and promptly dtches them in time for the next episode.

:wow: Ahhh, love...

With all due respect to MoulinRouge when they indicate part of their plan is to sex up the Vulcan - what are we to think. I think it defies the entire Star Trek universe for Vulcans to start having love affairs. I think it would be great for Trip and T'Pol to be friends but B&B have shown they have a penchant for cheap sex over substance such as "Bounty". The are so many opportunties to watch cheap sex but so few to watch substantive drama.

I think the reason so many people like the idea of Trip and T'Pol is because it means Archer has been spared. This series hasn't appealed to me as much as others and it was mainly Trip that kept me coming back - he reminded me of my nephew or the little brother I always wanted. I'd sure as h$!! be depressed if one of them got involved with T'Pol so I'm disappointed with the course ENT is taking. It's not like I can't watch reruns of the other series.

Click for Spoiler:

Another move is to sex up the Vulcan role played by Jolene Blalock, reigning geek heartthrob and popular Maxim pin-up girl — who got her professional start in Toronto as a TSN host.

"T'Pol is getting a little bit of a revamping," she explained. "Another wig ... and some new suits — I actually get to change clothes, because I haven't washed that brown one in the last two years. We've got colour now, and that's always exciting.

"(But she's) not necessarily any less Vulcan. You're still, you know, going to get that logic ... Scott likes to call it `sucking the air out of the room.'"

"She is going to start experimenting a little bit with her emotions," added co-producer Rick Berman, indicating that the object of those unearthed affections would be, not Bakula's intrepid captain, but the engineer character played by Connor Trinneer.

At which point Trinneer broke into a self-congratulatory grin that lit up the entire room.

For article

Toronto Star

I think it defies the entire Star Trek universe for Vulcans to start having love affairs

Sarek had one. :blink:

These are the people who advertised "Cogenitor" as a sex romp and that episode turned out beautifully. Berman and Braga always play up that angle like a couple of dorks. This storyline needn't be cheap. Trip reaching such a low ebb that he would seek out Polly's help doesn't sound prurient to me. It sounds almost.....touching. :laugh: Trust me, I post at a few other message boards and the folks there who like this idea don't like it because Archer will be "spared." :cheese: Trip and Polly have their fans. :lol:

Give it a chance, Unicorn Hunter. I have a feeling you might be pleasantly surprised. You're expecting the worst and giving up just when ENT sounds like it's getting better. :laugh:

For the sake of ENT and the franchise I am glad to hear my opinion is in the minority. Personally, I agree with geranimo's opinion of T'Pol - I might wish her on a couple of guys I once dated but not on somebody I liked.