Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Has Hades frozen over?

AAAAACCCCKKKK! These "phantom" storms are driving me nuts! Go from sunny and warm to thunder and lightning, and the sky going dark! Then I shut off my computer so it does not get fried in the incoming storm....it rains for about three minutes and the skies clear. *runs around screaming*

:laugh: I have been forgetting about lightning but me, logoff during the day? Inconceivable!

Sam The Smuggler Posted on Jul 30 2003, 06:29 PM

Seems pretty calm here at the Moment, but that could change quick

And Lately, when It's Not Raining, I swear mother nature is trying to cook us alive

Thanks to our afternoon rain the humidity has shot sky high and am sitting here basting in a pool of my own jucies,

I know, too much info!

well today was finally a GORGEOUS SUMMER DAY. sunny, 90, and absolutely perfect. i wish i could get a whole summer full of days like this. well at least now through sept. i hope. LONG LIVE SUMMER :laugh:

sun_smiley.gif

Good for you cptwright!

THANKS, but i do have to say i agree with you on one thing, as much as i love summer, and wont complain about it, i do hate the wet sticky feeling of high humidity, and feeling like i need a shower, right after getting out of the shower. but alas thats the price to pay for gorgeous weather sometime.

Aaaaah we had a little thunderstorm yesterday night but now it is as hot as it was before outside.... German weather... argh... :P

Mrs. Captain Picard

i am in utah and the drought is worse than ever and it was one hundred and ten degrees ysterday while i was running laps at soccer practice. you will roast if you stay out for more than twenty minutes!!! :P

Here in North Carolina we have had an unusual amount of rain since last winter. We have no threats of a water shortage as we have had for the past two years. Instead we have had some flooding. Our weather has been hot as it usually is dring this time of summer. But not consistently hot as it usually is. Can't wait to see what fall will be like. :P

In my little part of Australia, Winter has been nice and warm with lovely warm days and we even had some days where it was extremely hot. BUT over the last week we have had 5 mornings of heavy frost and cold wind- FREEZING! What a cold snap! :P

I'm in Alabama and usually by this time the temp is in the 3 digit range but this summer it's rained a lot. I've only seen the temp rise to 100 once this summer. Of course August is just starting.

its been nice here in ohio, usually its 95 and super humid outside, but its been below average. right around 84 and partly cloudy, i doo hvac so its been killer{nice}this summer to work outsside without all the blazing heat. :P

Admiral Kirk Posted on Aug 1 2003, 08:21 AM I'm in Alabama and usually by this time the temp is in the 3 digit range but this summer it's rained a lot. I've only seen the temp rise to 100 once this summer. Of course August is just starting.

I hope it don't start flooding. Have you been in a drought, are the rains welcome even if they are out of season?

emojams Posted on Aug 1 2003, 08:42 AM its been nice here in ohio, usually its 95 and super humid outside, but its been below average. right around 84 and partly cloudy, i doo hvac so its been killer{nice}this summer to work outsside without all the blazing heat.

95 with high humidity? *shudders*

AAAAACCCCKKKK! These "phantom" storms are driving me nuts! Go from sunny and warm to thunder and lightning, and the sky going dark! Then I shut off my computer so it does not get fried in the incoming storm....it rains for about three minutes and the skies clear. *runs around screaming*

:P I have been forgetting about lightning but me, logoff during the day? Inconceivable!

I wanna stay online....but we've killed our system a couple of times due to lightning and power surgers. So I am made to sign off.. oh well.

Inconceivable!

sounds like somebodys been watching the princess bride. :rolleyes: great movie. just in case you didnt see it, one character in the movie must've said inconceivable a hundred times.

Inconceivable!

sounds like somebodys been watching the princess bride. :rolleyes: great movie. just in case you didnt see it, one character in the movie must've said inconceivable a hundred times.

You got it! That is where I used the quote from. :lol:

Inconceivable!

:lol: Yay! I love that movie, it is so funny!!!

Inconceivable!

AAHH great minds think alike. :lol:

AAHH great minds think alike.  :lol:

:rolleyes:

Lets find out. I'll post my favorite scene from the film in a spoiler (dont peek), you post yours then we'll look and see if they match.

Click for Spoiler:

The scene where they have a battle of wits to get each other to drink from the poison cup.