Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

The St. Augustine Light House

Tonight on the Scifi channel's Ghost Hunters the staff will visit the lighthouse at St. Augustine, I don't watch this show and I don't believe in ghosts - however - since it is about St. Augustine it got my attention. It's amazing how many people in the area do believe in ghosts - and this town has been around long enough to have lots of memories.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

About 4 or 5 years ago I went to St. Augustine for a couple days vacation. We toured the old fort, the Old Flegler Hotel that is now part of a college, and the Aligator Farm. We also did a tour of the St. Augustine Lighthouse and took a haunted city tour. The haunted city tour seemed bizare to me cause it was a huge group tromping around. It seemed unlikely that any spirits would have hung around such a huge group. But people were snapping pictures (hoping to see something when the film was exposed). Lots of stories of ghost sightings were told. At the Lighthouse there were also stories, including some set in the Civil War times. It was interesting, and lots of people in the area did seem to believe in ghosts, although I'm not so sure myself. But St Augustine was interesting and fun. The Aligator Farm (with great photo ops), the old Fort, the Flegler Hotel (with Tiffany glass) and the Lighthouse were my favorite things in that order. I'd go back!

I do not know if I will catch it on TV (even though, being a St. Augustine resident that did catch my attention as well)

But I have been at and in the Lighthouse a couple of times, even have been in a couple gymnastics exhibitions in front of it during my childhood.