Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Ben Affleck to Play Lt. James Kirk? (The Latest Rumor)

Ben Affleck as Lieutenant James T. Kirk? Cinescape rumors the former Daredevil as being in talks with Paramount about possibly playing a lead role in Star Trek XI. Affleck may meet with JJ Abrams on the set of Gone Baby Gone.

I know a lot of people don’t like Affleck, but he does look similar to Shatner. I could accept it as far as looks go. You’ll never find anyone who looks exactly like Shatner.

akirk7un.jpg

akirk02av.jpg

To be honest, I'm so not interested in the Kirk-Spock Academy movie, that Paramount could hire anybody to play the lead roles and I will not watch the film.

Star Trek needs to move forward, not back. There's no future in the past.

Not that the Trek braintrust have figured that out yet. :laugh:

Since Abrams has hinted that Kirk and Spock will probably not be involved, this rumour is most likely untrue. And that is very, very good.

You can still do a prequel movie without Kirk or Spock. I would be interested in seeing an Earth Romulan War movie.

Besides, if you want to watch Kirk and Spock, just download the NewVoyages episodes. They do a great job.

Considering Affleck is probably as old now as Shatner was when he played Kirk in the 60s, it makes no sense to have an actor that age playing Kirk in Starfleet Academy. They'd have to go with someone in their very early 20s, or someone older who looks younger at least.

Also, since Spock is considerably older than Kirk and had already served on the Enterprise long before Kirk was captain, how can the two have been at the academy together?

Also, since Spock is considerably older than Kirk and had already served on the Enterprise long before Kirk was captain, how can the two have been at the academy together?

Most timelines give a difference of only 3 years difference between the two (Spock is older). It would have to be set in 2252 or 2253, since that's the overlap in their times at the Academy.