Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

T'Pol - Logical or Emotional

In keeping with the fact that she is a VULCAN, I would think logical would be the way to go. :wow: All of this exploring her emotions stuff just doesn't sit well with me.

Well, I don't mind her explorring her emotions. In this time perriod, it's unheard of, so she may do it as an experriment, and as a means to learn about her human crew mates. I don't think it'll be a "major change", but more of an experrimental thing for educational purposes. As long as it's done in that light, I'm all for it. I'd also like to see her loose control sometimes, showing us just how "bad" they can get when they don't repress their emotions.

Stardate:213570.9

I agree with Indy since she is a Vulcan I would prefer a more logical T'Pol.But on the other hand it would be nice to see her lose control once in a while.I always thought it was interesting when Spock or Sarek or Tuvok did.

She already experimented with emotions in "Fusion" and had drastic results. If they need some onboard hanky-panky or whatever they should get a new character - not try to remake a Vulcan into a human because they think it will help the ratings.

Personally I think T'Pol acts less like a logical Vulcan than Spock did...and he was half-human. I would REALLY like to see her start spitting out numeric odds and whatnot. :wow:

I think she is Vulcan. Vulcans are logical (at least most of the time), so I think she should be like that. But I would not mind if there would be some emotions... But I always thought too many emotions are dangerous for Vulcans???

Mrs. Captain Picard

Come Season 3, which would you rather see - a more logical T'Pol or a more emotional T'Pol?  I'd rather see a logical T'Pol.

:wow:T'Pol beening more like femail spock

Definitely more logical. I think she's way too emotional. Well... for a Vulcan, anyway. She seems to always be pouting and she's always gloomy. It sort of looks like she's frowning all of the time. I think she should be more like Spock. Spock displayed emotion at times, but it was always funny and tasteful. I think they should do that with T'Pol. And she really needs to do that eyebrow thing. Maybe the actress can't do it. I can't do it. *sigh*

I have to agree with those who have pointed out how emotional T'Pol already is. I find her to be the most emotional Vulcan I have seen, which is surprising, when she is supposed to be a "full blooded" Vulcan. I'd rather seen her behave more like Tuvok and Spock. My problem with her all along is that she does not fit what my understanding is of a Vulcan.

I would prefer a more logical T'pol. Vulcans in general recently have been too emotional for my tastes. I know T'pol is not your typical Vulcan but I think she should be less emotional than the 24th century Vulcans.

Come Season 3, which would you rather see - a more logical T'Pol or a more emotional T'Pol?  I'd rather see a logical T'Pol.

I choose emotional because that is the direction she seems to be going in anyway. Perhaps I am over-thinking it too much as usual but in the scope of the big picture (how it relates to what we know of the future, namely Spock) it makes sense to me (it is strange but it does make sense.) What if Spock understood all the controversy T'Pol is about to cause with her flirtations with emotion and he chooses to take a different path, lets call it a quest to show Vulcan's can be in close proximity to Humans and yet maintain Logic.

I would rather see a logical T'Pol. At the rate the writers are going the character will be so emotional that viewers will not be able to distinguish her emotions from humans' emotions. As we all know Vulcans are too emotional when the Pon Farr engulfs them. I think seeing an emotional Vulcan all the time will destroy his or her reputation as a logical being. :lol:

It's bad when a show tries to keep high ratings by showing an over emotional T'Pol or oversexed one.

EX: Almost every episode centered around her or the main cast has her getting half naked. :lol:

More logic less emotion=T'Pol :lol:

I can even accept logic and emotions at a 50/50 split. :rolleyes:

If T'Pol were to act illogical some times because of her being so long on a human starship, that would not trouble me as long as they don't try to give her any damn emotions. She is a vulcan!

They propably made her more emotional then normal for vulcans so as not to freak out the 'newbie' trekkers who only watch ENT and to allow them to engage more easily with her. With that said: LOGICAL! There is so much emotion constantly on that ship, more then any other ship in Trek, that we need a balancing factor to couter-act it. Otherwise it's a slippery slope towards a garish, flaky, shallow soap with neat speacil effects.

I would like to see a lot more emotion therefore adding more controversy with her and the Vulcan Senate. They could say that humans are making her irrational, but then she could just tell them that humans are perfecting the vulcan race....which eventually allows more Vulcans to decide to join Starfleet.

:unsure: Bel Ami ;)