Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

This is driving me crazy - So I have to ask

A big part of ST series has become the babe in the body suit. Some people like it because they like the hotbods. Jadzia was a competent officer, a scientist, a friend and a woman capable of falling in love.

Seven was rude, arrogant but a gifted scientist and she gradually developed her human qualities (while providing humorous relief)

T'Pol is arrogant, and condescending - other than being science officer there's been little to define her as a scientist. Mostly she's just a critic.

My question to the guys: Would you want to date a woman that treated you the way T'Pol treats people - always reminding them of their inferiority.

i dislike both tpol and seven. to sterile and boring.

but jadzia was an officer. she was attractive, but she still wore the uniform, which made her alot more professional.

sure tpol and seven have nice bodies, but with star trek, i just dont care. i want the story not the goods.

if i ever went out with someone like tpol, there defenitely wouldnt be a second date.

T'Pol and Seven are beauties but I don't think they would be good in a relationship IMO. Too cold, unemotional and unyielding. Someone like Hoshi, Kes or Dax would be much better..Much easier to relate to and have better communication with..

Bysty hit right on the nail, I don't watch Trek for the goods either.

Perhaps a fairer thing to say about T'Pol would be that she WAS condescending and rude. From the start of the series I have been watching T'Pols eyes and I have been seeing a marvelous transformation in the thoughts they reflect. I have witnessed all of her evolution and those qualities are slowly but surely being replaced with thoughts of someone who sees the historic opportunity of her position. I also think Archer has gotten through to her they are/could be a helluva team and she wants to be a part of that team.

To answer your question, as she used to be I would not have wanted to date her but I can not say the same for the New T'Pol I see rising to the surface. If I were looking to date a Vulcan, I would date the new T'Pol if she would say yes to an invitation.

i would have to say seven, no. shes hot but i do want more than a body, i do want mental, and emotional stimulation as well. t'pol on the other hand, just seems to be coming around. kinda like she wants to be nice, so i would have to go on a couple of dates with her to see what was going on in that head of hers. jadzia, on the other hand, is cute, smart, and stimulating in more ways than one. i dont just want a yes woman, i want one thats gonna challenge me as well. hot looks sure are nice, but sure are not the only thing to have, an attractive woman with other good qualities, is much more important. to me anyway.

Well, I don't date, but if I went on one to a social event, then I'd probably choose Seven, provided she wears normal clothes and not that aweful catsuit. Of all the females in Trek, she has the most compatable personallity, in my opinion.

Stardate:213570.9

Well I think T'Pol is hot but as far as her personality goes she is a b**ch.About the only reason I would go out with her would be to get some action.Same with Seven.Although somebody like Dax(either one)would be fun to go out with.

What's so bad about T'Pol's personallity?  I like the way she is.

Stardate:213570.9

You might like the way she is but I think she is somewhat of an arrogant a**hole and so are the rest of the Vulcans on Enterprise.

Out of all the Star Trek females I've seen I would take Jadzia or Keiko out. T'pol and Seven may wear cat suits but that's all they have going for them. Cold and egotistical are a big turn off in any situatuion.

I would never date a woman with Seven or T'Pol's bad attitude,superiority complex,need to criticize everything.Or a Deanna Troi type who over-analyzes everything.She would drive me nuts.Jadzia is nice.A little more outgoing and energetic than I am.Kira would be closer to my preferred personality type ,Intelligent,beautiful,a bit more introverted than Jadzie,grounded in her faith and beliefs.Kira Nerys strikes me as the type of woman a guy would have to really get to know before she would ever consider a relationship with him.I like that.I'm a little like that,too.I need to know a woman quite a while before I feel comfortable enough around her to think about relationships.So,no I don't like Seven or T'Pol.I do like Jadzia,Kira,Hoshi(I don't know much about her character,but I like her for some of the same reasons as Kira).Maybe Ezri....but she's a counselor,too.I dunno.

The rest of the Vulcans are arrogant, but I think T'Pol has evolved beyond that. I like T'Pols character on the show. But I can't say that I would ever want to date someone like that. Vulcans aren't known for small talk. It would be dull.

Care to ellaborrate and what's so bad about T'Pol and the Vulcans?

Stardate:213603.9

Apon further thought i have decided that T'Pol isnt near as bad as the rest of the vulcans on Enterprise.But for the rest of them i think they are a**holes cause the treat humans like we are babies.They question damn near every decsion we make and are not giving us a fair chance IMO

Geranimo, I tend to think of the Human/Vulcan relationship in Enterprise as a teenager/parent relationship. Think of the Vulcans as the parrents and the Humans as the teenagers. The Humans want to get out there, explore the galaxy, learn, and so forth, but of coarse, the Vulcans are going to question and test them at every corner. The Vulcans are just trying to help in their own way. A shame they don't know how to be tactful. :laugh: