Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Battlestar Galactica Prequel Series in The Works

According to Zap2It, Ronald D. Moore and David Eickill are producing a prequel series of Battlestar Galactica, that looks at the years leading up to humanity's devastation by the Cylons.

The prequel, called Caprica, heads a list of development projects the Sci Fi Channel unveiled Wednesday. "Caprica" will be set more than 50 years prior to the events of Battlestar Galactica and focus on the lives of two families -- the Adamas (ancestors of future Galactica commander William) and the Graystones. Humankind's Twelve Colonies are at peace and on the verge of a technological breakthrough: the first Cylon.

The prequel will be as much family drama as sci-fi tale.

Remi Aubuchon (The Lyon's Den, 24) is writing the pilot script; Galactica veterans Moore and Eick will executive produce it.

Meh....they just heard that Star Trek was doing a prequel and had to be a copycat.... :elephant:

everyone's doing prequels. Is Stargate next? :elephant:

Hmm, I guess you could set it about 4 million years ago when the ancients left for the Pegasus galaxy, or how about how the Asgard lost the ability to sexually reproduce (although they don't like to discuss it with other races) or maybe a series about the Furlings :b-day:

Seriously, the description I read of Caprica sounds a lot like Dallas - just with robots instead of oil.

I'm wondering myself if this means that the original Cylons are scheduled to make a comeback rather than their current human and CGI brethren...