Sign in to follow this  

Well, the show isn't a "rip-off" of the movie. It's a direct continuation, and if SG-1 ever gets a movie, it'd be considered a "2nd Stargate movie". The series pilot picks up a year after the events of the movie with direct referrences. :biggrin:

VBG, if you'd like, I could post a list of 10 or so "sample" episodes that would show the best of SG-1 instead of catching some random re-run. Interrested?

I've watched a few, and they were interesting but I always looked at them as a "rip-off" of the movie. I never was able to get into it.

CJLP is correct - the series picks up a year after the end of the movie. If you only watch one episose you need to wath "The Other Guys" - this was the one where John Billingsley played the science nerd who loved Star Trek - it was so funny. The characters are more likeable than their movie counterparts and they added a couple.

The character development is some of the best I've ever seen in a TV show and they have the right mix of humor to drama. There were a couple of episodes in the earlier seasons that looked suprising like an episode of VOY but since then they have become quite innovation.

Star Trek actors: John DeLance, Dwight Schultz, Rene Auberjonois, Marina Sirtis and John Billingsley have all made guest appearances. Jolene Blalock is slated to appear.

We have a Stargate web site.  :lol:

http://www.thefifthrace.com/ib/

Earlier this year everything crashed, and we lost all the data.  :laugh:  We have just now got it going again, and need some more members to get it moving again. It's a very informative board.  :cheese:

I liked what I saw and registered. I noted a few duplicate topics with STFans.net.

We have a Stargate web site.  :cheese:

http://www.thefifthrace.com/ib/

Earlier this year everything crashed, and we lost all the data.  :laugh:  We have just now got it going again, and need some more members to get it moving again. It's a very informative board.  :laugh:

I liked what I saw and registered. I noted a few duplicate topics with STFans.net.

I tend to put the same topics on both boards. :lol: