Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Data

Is anybody a Daily Show fan?

I used to watch it all the time when it first came out. These days I don't see much, but I am a big Jon Stewart fan.

The Daily Show is great. I'm a big Jon Stewart fan. What's impressive is that this comedy show often has has commnetary that is not only funny but painfully true imo.

If Dana Carvey is on, I'll watch his segments.

John Stewart I find about as funny as a migraine headache.

The Daily Show is great. I'm a big Jon Stewart fan. What's impressive is that this comedy show often has has commnetary that is not only funny but painfully true imo.

Jon Stewart was on The O'Reiley Factor during the elections. John said that more people get their news from The Daily Show than from The O'Reiley Factor. Bill didn't have a responce.

I like both shows but unfortunately don't have time to watch them anymore.

Of Bill O'Reilly did not respond, because there was study showing people who watch the Daily Show knew more about the issues during the election. Go figure. Since than the Daily Show has been attack for representing the liberals. I find that so funny, because it is just fake news!

Of Bill O'Reilly did not respond, because there was study showing people who watch the Daily Show knew more about the issues during the election. Go figure. Since than the Daily Show has been attack for representing the liberals. I find that so funny, because it is just fake news!

You also have to remember that Republicans hold the Presidency, both houses of Congress, and a majority of the Governorships and Legislatures. Since part of comedy is poking fun at authorities a certain amount of this is to be expected.

A lot of people say South Park has a certain pro-conservative stance in the topics it comments on, but remember that Trey Parker and Matt Stone also did "That's My Bush" which pokes fun at the current administration. Both shows were also on Comedy Central.

So you really can't say whether the Daily Show or Comedy Central in general is pro-conservative or pro-liberal. It is simply anti-establishment, whatever the current establishment happens to be.

Well, its not really fake news. It's real stories just with a humourous spin on them.

The Daily Show is great (and not just because the host has the same name as me :elephant:). I only watch it when there's nothing else on though. Now Colbert Report, I can't stand.

The daily show: sometimes

The colbert report is AWESOME! I LOVE THAT SHOW SOOOOOO MUCH111111111

I agree. I like The Daily Show, but LOVE The Colbert Report! :elephant: