Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Favorite/Most Brilliant Scene In The Movies

I was just wondering what your favorite scene is in the films? What scene do you think was pulled off so well, it just seems amazing to you? There are many scenes that I really like, but nothing hits me with more of an impact than on Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country when Spock and Kirk are discussing whether or not they should help the Klingons and the conversation is

Kirk: They're animals.

Spock: Jim, there is an historic opportunity here.

Kirk: Don't believe them. Don't trust them.

Spock: They're dying.

Kirk: Let them die!

just to see the hate in Kirk's eyes and to know where the hate comes from, I just think it is a brilliant scene that isn't really talked about much, at least not that I know of. Out of all of the great scenes in the movie series, this sticks with me the most. You can just feel the emotion behind Kirk's voice

"They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther! And I will make them pay for what they've done!"

I love the whole scene with Jean-Luc and Lily. Wonderful acting. :look:

Star Trek: Generations... Picard

Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all Number One, we're only mortal.

I like this one the most.

My favorite scene out of all of Star Trek is from Insurrection (yes, Insurrection).

- When they are on the planet, and Picard meets up with Geordi during the sunrise, and we discover that he has use of his eyes again. I love that moment.

I like a few from Insurrection...

Geordi: Engineering to bridge! We're burning Dueterium down here, we're gonna blow ourselves up, we won't need any help from the Son'a!

and...

Riker: Photon Torpedoes. Isn't that the universal greeting?

Geordi: I think it's the universal greeting when you don't like someone.

And..

Riker: We're through running from these bastards!

I have several scenes . . .

The scene when Picard learns he does have a vendetta against the Borg . . .

and for something completely different (since I do love watching spoof movies (Airplane!, Naked Gun series, etc. . . .))

When the entity wants all to bow down and Kirk pipes up, "Excuse me!" . . . Kirk and his big mouth . . . and the scene afterwards when he finds Spock is the sharpshooter! :yahoo: :P (ST V)

When Sarek admits "My logic falters where my son is concerned" (ST III)

:bag:

is something worth seeing. This guy re-enacts the arguement scene between Lily and Picard. It's great!

I am very surprised how good it is. That was a treat! :yahoo: