Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Favorite Commercials

Ok, we hate them but every once in while they make one, which becomes a favorite. My current favorite is the Snapple Running of the Bulls spoof; you know the one with the bottles of Snapple running from the bulls, which are hamsters. :(

Have you got a current/past favorite that you hate to love?

I used to get a kick out of that jean's commercial (Lee or Levi?) where the guy got out of the shower singing this deep bass - then puts on his jeans and goes out of the room singing soprano.

I loved the coppertop family - where the Aunt falls into her bowl of soup

I also liked that snickers commercial during the last presidential election where the guy had the donkey on one shoulder and the elephant on another - what they said was funny.

But one of my favorite was for a local jewelry store. The guys are ribbing one of their buddies at the weekly poker game for buying his wife and new diamond. They razz and razz and then he just looks at them and says "yeah, just wait until she shows it to your wives." dead silence.

This ad was VERY popular in Canada a few years ago!!!

I AM CANADIAN!!! Molson commercial

I can't believe how old this next commercial is that I'm going to mention but I think it goes back 20 years or so. It was the first commercial that I can think of that totally swept Canada. It started off with two kids choosing up teams for a game of shinny (that's a type of pick up hockey game) and the smallest kid named Albert is the last one left and he has to play on his brother's side because the other team doesn't want him. Then the brother takes him to Canadian Tire for new equipment and then it jumps forward about 10 years and there is Albert going on to the ice with the crowd all chanting his name. That was a great commercial for its time.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Current one that cracks me up for some silly reason is the Sealy matress...where the guy sits down on the barber's chair and comments on the comfort, and the barber says its a Sealy, and the guy falls asleep throwing his head back. and the next thing you see is the poor guy's shaved head.

or the bud light commercial where the guy goes running up the stairs jumps into bed, slides across the silk sheets and goes flying out the window.

Stardate:213559.9

One that cracks me up is a Pure Water commercial i saw a few days ago

This guy comes up to this house in a van.There is a couple outside doing some gardening.The guy gets out grabs a couple of water jugs and puts them on the porch.As he is walking through the driveway he sees this basketball and one of thoses put together hoops in the driveway.He picks up the ball shoots it and misses the basket by a mile.The ball soars past the hoop into a window in the garage breaking it.The ball rolls back and knocks over the water jugs.The couple looks at him like "Look what you did idiot!"and he just looks at them like"Oops sorry"

That was a hilarious commercail :(

This ad was VERY popular in Canada a few years ago!!!

I AM CANADIAN!!! Molson commercial

I can't believe how old this next commercial is that I'm going to mention but I think it goes back 20 years or so.  It was the first commercial that I can think of that totally swept Canada.  It started off with two kids choosing up teams for a game of shinny (that's a type of pick up hockey game) and the smallest kid named Albert is the last one left and he has to play on his brother's side because the other team doesn't want him.  Then the brother takes him to Canadian Tire for new equipment and then it jumps forward about 10 years and there is Albert going on to the ice with the crowd all chanting his name.  That was a great commercial for its time.

THATS MY FAVORITE!

All Molson Canadian commercials are great!

logo-IAm.gif

I have two. You have to see them-they are difficult to describe.

One is with the AFLAC duck. (For those who don't know, AFLAC is an insurance company). The duck walks into a barbershop where Yogi Berra is discussing insurance with the barber and another man. Of course Yogi comes out with his Yogi-isms. The duck leaves shaking his head, totally confused.

The other one is a Sprint commercial. A rancher is complaining to the Sprint guy that he ordered 200 oxen and what he got was 200 weiner dogs. You see shots of cowboys trying to lasso a dachshund, two dachshunds in the yoke of a wagon, and other ranch scenes. It ends with someone off camera yelling "Stampeed", and the dachshunds running across the pasture barking and yapping.

:biggrin:

Another I just remembered I like is the capital one credit card (Whats in your wallet?) with all the Abominable Snowmen.

Another one I remembered that I like is the one for I think the Check Card where they go

"Can I write a check"-Yao

"Yo"-clerk

"Yao"-Yao...and it continues for a bit then they go through it with Yogi Berra

One that gave me a chuckle was also a commercial for a check card. It began with Charlie Sheen trying to cash a check in a small newsstand. The clerk asks him for ID, Charlie gives it to him and then makes a pass at a pretty girl reading a magazine. She rolls her eyes and ignores him. The clerk says "I have to call this in." and you see the clerk making several phone calls. When he's finished on the phone, we see it's now MARTIN Sheen waiting at the counter. The clerk looks at the ID card and says "This doesn't look like you." and Martin replies; "It did when I came in."

Here is another check card one I like...the pet store and the multiplying bunnies! Cant stop laughing with that one...

Personally I liked the Kevin Bacon one for that service when they spoofed the Kevin Bacon Degrees of Separation game.

i like the listerene one with the big toothbrush guy. lol. hes so funny. (i know i know really stupid choice. lol)

Personally I liked the Kevin Bacon one for that service when they spoofed the Kevin Bacon Degrees of Separation game.
bysty Posted on Jul 27 2003, 11:16 PM

i like the listerene one with the big toothbrush guy. lol. hes so funny. (i know i know really stupid choice. lol) 

I've never seen either one of them, must be a couple more Canadian exclusive's.

The Kevin Bacon one was for Visa check cashing cards that I saw on a US channel that we get here (you have no idea how hard it was to write cheque that way lol). Kevin Bacon is in a store and they won't take a cheque without ID so he rounds up a bunch of people and brings them back to the store. It's really funny!

Takara_Soong Posted on Jul 28 2003, 09:43 AM The Kevin Bacon one was for Visa check cashing cards that I saw on a US channel that we get here (you have no idea how hard it was to write cheque that way lol). Kevin Bacon is in a store and they won't take a cheque without ID so he rounds up a bunch of people and brings them back to the store. It's really funny! 

I yeah yeah! I remember that one now!

How about the one for Starbucks coffee in a can, a guy is being chased all around an apartment by his 'suit' until the guy opens the fridge and slams the suit in it's 'face' knocking the suit on it's butt. :wow:

Here's some more I like...

Most of the SportsCenter commercials for ESPN (like the one where one of the office workers stops and reminds Tiger Woods about their lunch meeting. Then they go on their separate ways and Tiger is followed by an entourage of spectators).

Or the one that drives my brother nuts... :wow: the Meox Mix commercial with the jingle. "Meow, meow, meow, meow..."well, you get the idea

Yillira you reminded me of one I've only saw a small part of as yet; A Cat is being fussed over at dinner time by a Wife and the Husband jealousy looks on then, the husband says to the wife: "Beer beer beer beer, ..." well, you get the idea.

Yillira you reminded me of one I've only saw a small part of as yet; A Cat is being fussed over at dinner time by a Wife and the Husband jealousy looks on then, the husband says to the wife: "Beer beer beer beer, ..." well, you get the idea.

:wow: Yes! I know exactly which one, that is a scream!!!

One that gave me a chuckle was also a commercial for a check card.  It began with Charlie Sheen trying to cash a check in a small newsstand.  The clerk asks him for ID, Charlie gives it to him and then makes a pass at a pretty girl reading a magazine.  She rolls her eyes and ignores him.  The clerk says "I have to call this in." and you see the clerk making several phone calls.  When he's finished on the phone, we see it's now MARTIN Sheen waiting at the counter.  The clerk looks at the ID card and says "This doesn't look like you." and Martin replies; "It did when I came in."

I love that one! I'd forgotten about it!

i like one made for a car dealership here in columbus(ohio),it tittled "trunk monkey" ----some guy sittin at an intersection ,with another guy outside his car yelling at him about yhe way he drives ,and he pushes a button on his dash and his trunk opens and a monkey jumps out with a lug wrench and smacks the pissed off guy in the head ,high fives the driver and jumps back in the trunk.freakin hilarious :rolleyes:

Thats a hoot! What is it with car dealerships and animals anyway. Have you ever heard of "Cal Worthington and his dog Spot? "Spot" can be any different animal in the Animal Kingdom, everything from beetles to elephants have been shown to be Spot in his commercials, my guess is it has to do with appealing to kids, making car shopping seem like a fun thing to do. Anyway, thanks for posting your monkey tale.

Lt Riann (Posted: Jul 27 2003, 07:19 PM )

The other one is a Sprint commercial. A rancher is complaining to the Sprint guy that he ordered 200 oxen and what he got was 200 weiner dogs. You see shots of cowboys trying to lasso a dachshund, two dachshunds in the yoke of a wagon, and other ranch scenes. It ends with someone off camera yelling "Stampeed", and the dachshunds running across the pasture barking and yapping.

I love the Sprint commercials. My current favorite is the one where the guy sends his girl a picture of this dog sitting in the driver's seat of a car.

The Kevin Bacon one was for Visa check cashing cards that I saw on a US channel that we get here (you have no idea how hard it was to write cheque that way lol). Kevin Bacon is in a store and they won't take a cheque without ID so he rounds up a bunch of people and brings them back to the store. It's really funny!

I thought that one Kevin Bacon one was funny.

I also like the Bush beans commercials with the dog "Duke" -

I really liked the Super Bowl's commercial with the dude who flew through the window of his bedroom because of silk sheets, and the Capt. Morgan commercials. But, of course, there's the American Wedding ones!