Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Memorable Cultural Events

Several years ago I was sightseeing in Central Virginia with a friend. We happened upon the Orange County fair and for $2.00 decided to check it out. While we checked out the livestock the announcer over the intercom kept announcing "don't forget cow-patty bingo at 6:00" Naturally curious person that I am - I went to the information desk to find out what "cow patty bingo" was.

Well, the man grinned and pulled out a grid 10 sq by 10 sq. For a dollar you could purchase a square. There was a corresponding grid marked out in one of pens. At 6:00 - yes you've probably guessed it by now - they were going to release a cow into that pen.

My friend and I figured we'd never witness something like this again so although we didn't play we stayed to watch. So here we are at six o'clock watching people cheer on the cow to

Click for Spoiler:

"drop her patty" **there were technical difficulties and they had to get a bigger cow. but someone went home that night $100 richer because the cow picked his square

And you thought small towns were boring

:( That's not boring to someone who has never witnessed something of that nature before , but when that is all there is , well this city girl wants back to the city bad! You just don't know what it's like in these small towns. Not much to do, so they come up with some of the strangest stuff. :(

Please, no more cow patty stories. I heard all the tales from my parents about when they were kids running through fields of them in their bare feet because the patties were good "soap". :(

Please, no more cow patty stories. I heard all the tales from my parents about when they were kids running through fields of them in their bare feet because the patties were good "soap". :(

Eeeewwwww :(

Please, no more cow patty stories. I heard all the tales from my parents about when they were kids running through fields of them in their bare feet because the patties were good "soap". B)

OMG! Seriously??

My mother told me stories about when she grew up on a farm in Saskatchewan. They used to use frozen cow patties as hockey pucks in the winter.