Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Just want ENTERPRISE needs!

Let's see why each Trek show has strived.

STAR TREK - Constantly threatend by cancellation, the producers fought hard to keep the show original and high quallity till NBC axed the show.

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION - With SCI-FI being sparce on TV, TNG soared with the TV audience.

STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE - SCI-FI becoming a regular thing on TV and having TNG and then VOY to compete with, DS9 pushed the evenlope for all it's worth. While lasting a full run, I believe the ratings weren't as high as they could be becuase the fan base had been devided into the TNG & DS9 audiences and then into the DS9 & VOY audiences.

STAR TREK: VOYAGER - While sufferring the same problem DS9 faced, VOY lasted a full run. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did VOY's ratings improve after DS9 ended?

ENTERPRISE - At this point, I think the producers have gotten cozy, convinced the fans "will watch without a doubt", thus thinking all they need is to aim for a new audience.

We've had 2 years of bad ratings. Now we have SMALLVILLE, a huge hit, moving to Wednesday nights at 8. We also have the popularity of STARGATE SG-1 to compete with.

With STARGATE SG-1 stealing STAR TREK's spotlight and the threat of SMALLVILLE stealing ENT's viewers... do you think this is just what ENT needs in order to be more creative and better in quallity instead of the tiresome "push the envelope" way they've been going?

Well for Enterprise is just as good as all the other Star Trek shows. I will continue to watch it and hope Smallville will continue to re show the episodes on Sunday like they do now.If they do not then I will have to wait until next summer to catch Smallville since I always record Enterprise when its shown on Wednesday.

I don't see Stargate as a threat since it does not come on until friday nights here.

Enterprise will continue on and will have a full 7 year run, of that I don't have any doubts. Its a great show that keeps getting better.

I agree, ENT is an excellent show except when they do episodes like T'Pol's pon-farr in "Bounty", fortunately, that is a rare occurance. Anywho, I was speaking in terms of the "general audience". While SG-1 doesn't come on at the same time as ENT, I still see it as competition, and competition is a great thing. When you have competition, it makes you try harder to put out a better product. Since ENT is allready a good show, with the exception of 2 or 3 episodes, I say it can only get better! :(

I agree, ENT is an excellent show except when they do episodes like T'Pol's pon-farr in "Bounty", fortunately, that is a rare occurance.  Anywho, I was speaking in terms of the "general audience".  While SG-1 doesn't come on at the same time as ENT, I still see it as competition, and competition is a great thing.  When you have competition, it makes you try harder to put out a better product.  Since ENT is allready a good show, with the exception of 2 or 3 episodes, I say it can only get better! :(

I agree Jean-Luc.

Competition fosters invention, ingenuity, and creativity. Competition can be a healthy thing. How many times have you seen someone else do something better than you, and as a result, strive to to perform better personally and try to best the other? I know I have on countless occasions.

As far as Stargate SG1 as competition, I see it only in regards to fan base, and creativity. Since SG1 airs on Fridays around here, I don't see it as direct head-to-head competition. As for Smallville, I personally do not watch. Since it will be going head-to-head with ENT on Wednesdays, I view it as a direct competitor with ENT as far as ratings.

ENT is a good show, and it keeps getting better and better. I just hope TPTB don't resort to the "sexual factor" to help boost ratings. As long as TPTB tap into the creativity of their staff (writers, make-up, set designers, etc.) ENT has the potential to blow the competition out of the water.

I will continue to tune in to watch (and tape) each episode that airs every Wednesday and Sunday nights.

I find Smallville boring. I may have to watch Enterprise on another TV but I would rather watch Enterprise than Smallville. The guy who plays Clark Kent looks like a wimp.

I agree with Cap about T'Pol in "The Bounty". I don't see Sg1 competing head to head with Enterprise for ratings but they are competing for fans. As for Smallville I'll just catch it on Sundays.

i dont think enterprise will be cancelled any time soon. voyager wasnt the most watched series yet it lasted 7 seasons. with enterprise, if they keep up the good work from the late season 2, then it should last a long time. its a good show, people just need to give it a chance.

also i find smallville boring too. ive always disliked superman. cant put my finger on why, but i have.

I have lost tons of interest with Smallville, I find it to be dry as their acting. I just think its another teen show, trying their hardest to make WB 'Big'.

Let ENTERPRISE Live, by the way has anyone seen the tease advertisement?!?! I cannot wait to see the new season permier.

:unsure: Bel Ami ;)