Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Xindi

The proposed multiple races that collectively make up the Xindi seems like an interesting premise. Several sentient life forms evolving from different species on probably one planet. I cant imagine a planet Earth whereby reptiles and insects have achieved the same level of itelligence as us. I like the idea. They have my interest.

Thoughts?

An interesting concept indeed!

We already saw a bit of that in Dear Doctor (season one) with the Valakians and the Menks evolving on the same planet. But, they were both humaniod species. And, the Valakians, the more evolved of the two, was dying out.

It is difficult to imagine several different types of species simultaneously evolving to sentience on one planet. I'm not sure how that would play out in reality. I guess living on a planet with only one dominant sentient species, tends to cloud one's concept of alternate orders of nature.

I like the premise. Very interesting. I will definitely be watching.

In STARGATE SG-1, we learned that the Goa'uld and the Unas evolved on the same planet and that the Unas were the original Goa'uld hosts. The Xindi, however, is taking the "multiple sentient species on one planet" idea to a whole new level! :(

I always like it when they have non-humanoid species. They're more interesting. The Horta are one of my favorite races.

I realize that it's easier to create humanoid species, but I kinda doubt that the real galaxy is full of lifeforms that look pretty much like us.