Sign in to follow this  
Ashley Tisdale

High School Musical

Anyone Watch this movie when it first came on it's on tonight on Disney Channel again at 7:00 pm till 9:00 pm.

I loved the movie Ashley Tisdale was in it she's on The Suite Life Of Zack & Cody she played Sharpay Evans she did a great job so did the cast and crew I own the Musical and it's non Stop Listing to it for me I even got all the dance moves down for each song I love it.

'High School Musical' is definitely one of Disney channel's best original movies up to date. I've seen numerous other ones - Pixel Perfect, Twitches, Go Figure, Stuck in the Suburbs, etc. - but none of them compare to this one. Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens as Troy and Gabriella are adorable together, and their chemistry is more believable than the chemistry I see in many major motion pictures; Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel as Sharpay and Ryan are laugh-out-loud funny; and the other students, along with Troy's father and Ms Darbus, are perfect.

What really blew me away and made this movie stand out from the other Disney channel original movies, however, was the music, singing, and dancing. I loved the songs, especially 'What I've Been Looking For' as sung by Sharpay and Ryan, 'Breaking Free' by Troy and Gabriella, and Gabriella's solo, 'When There Was Me and You'. I was impressed by the vocal skills exhibited by the four main actors and actresses. The dancing sequences are also fun and well choreographed, and I loved how they were right in sync with the music.

Overall, in comparison to other Disney movies, this one is a 9/10. As a Disney channel movie, it inevitably has several flaws, the most obvious of which is the cliché, cheesy plot between the two main characters. I was also disappointed when there was no kiss between them, but that didn't really take away from the movie too much.

Whether you're a 10-year old or a 30-year old, I highly recommend seeing this sweet, funny movie.

High School Musical (2006) (TV)

Directed by

Kenny Ortega

Writing credits

Peter Barsocchini

Plot Outline: Troy and Gabriella - two teens who are worlds apart - meet at a karaoke contest and discover their mutual love for music. (more)

Credited cast:

Zac Efron .... Troy Bolton

Vanessa Anne Hutchinson .... Gabriella Montez

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Bayli Baker .... Cheerleader Dancer

Kelli Baker .... Cheerleader Dancer

Corbin Bleu .... Chad Danforth

Carlton Bluford .... Basketball Player Dancer (as Carlton W. Bluford)

Joyce Cohen .... Librarian

Monique Coleman .... Taylor McKessie

Falisha Fehoko .... Dancer

Amanda Garrett .... Girl #2

Lucas Grabeel .... Ryan Evans

Socorro Herrera .... Mrs. Montez

Melissa Hildebrant .... Weird Kid #2

Bart Johnson .... Coach Bolton

Charles Klapow .... Basketball Player Dancer

Joey Miyashima .... Principal Hatsui

Malinda Money .... Skater Dude Dancer

Anne Kathryn Parma .... Susan

Alyson Reed .... Ms. Darbus

Stephen Rippey .... Referee

Sami Roe .... Weird Kid

Olesya Rulin .... Kelsi

Ryne Sanborn .... Jason

Irene Santiago .... Chem Teacher (as Irene Baron-Santiago)

Todd Michael Schwartzman .... Basketball Player Dancer (as Todd Schwartzman)

Britt Stewart .... Cheerleader Dancer

Ryan Templeman .... Skater Dude #2

Ashley Tisdale .... Sharpay Evans

Chris Warren Jr. .... Zeke

Nick Whitaker .... Alan

Leslie Wing .... Mrs. Bolton

Andrew Winston .... Braniac Dancer

Brett Yoder .... M.C.

post-2160-1141172851.jpg

my ten year old brother is obsessed with this movie. we went to all the stores we could to get him the cd when the movie was first out last month and had to order it online. he comes home from school everyday and plays it. he's actually working on the getcha head in the game song for a dance number in his school's talent show. he also taped it and watches that everyday as well. hopefully it comes out on dvd before the tape wears out.

DVD Come's out May 23rd I can't wait I love the movie so much I am alway's listing to the cd I love all the song's and the cast did such a great job I also heard their is going to be a second one not sure when it is comming out the whole cast will be back in it so I am so happy I just can't wait to see it.