Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Popular Baby names by year

Okay, this is interesting - you can put in the year of your birth (or anyone elses) and find out what were the most popular names that year. It's interesting that several boys names were popular fifty years ago and were on last year's list again.

ssa.gov

get this 1981 My first name Angela was 15th most popular

1945 My mum's name of mMrgaret was 15th most popular

And in 1940 my dad's name of Kenneth was also 15th most popular

How weird is that???

A different spelling of it but mine is just inside the top 20 for my birth year of 1980. :lol:

and my middle name is outside of the top 100 by a little bit (again a variation of the way I spell my middle name)

:laugh: My niece's name is #83 for the year she was born

As for the rest of my family, majority of their names appeared in variations in the top 500 (save for my little brother's name, and my sister's middle name... none of our names are common or commonly spelled, at least in the USA. Then of course pronunciation is a whole other subject, my sister is THRILLED to be watching the Olympics and gets to hear her name said correctly complete with the same spelling. It is a Scandinavian name that is perpetually misspelled and mispronounced over here. Same with my father's name.) And my best friend's name was just outside the top 50 the year he was born.