Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Super Bowl XL Steelers Vs. Sea Hawks

The Steelers Pep Rally at Heinz Field was at 6:45 PM last friday, 30,000 fans showed up, it was free to get inside the stadium, but no free food or beer, you had to still buy them at the high stadium Prices.....Sry to disapoint you 2, but your facts are way off. The steelers left at noon on Monday, but its only a 45 min. flight to detroit, and no public rally was held for them.

The Steelers Pep Rally at Heinz Field was at 6:45 PM last friday, 30,000 fans showed up, it was free to get inside the stadium, but no free food or beer, you had to still buy them at the high stadium Prices.....Sry to disapoint you 2, but your facts are way off. The steelers left at noon on Monday, but its only a 45 min. flight to detroit, and no public rally was held for them.

I had no facts. I just went with the obviously wrong "facts" that Picard presented. Shouldv'e known better....................

yea to drive from where I live to the Superbowl takes as long as Seattle had to fly there, of course that is nothing new to the Seahawks, they got a long travel schedule no matter where they play

Everyone thinks this is gonna be a close game, I don't the more you look at it, Seattle beat 2 teams at home (they got a great home field advantage) on 2 really beat up teams, (XFL Player He Hate Me was about to go in for Carolina) the Steelers beat 3 HEalthy Teams that were #1,2,3 in their Divison on the road, I really see Seattle being too loose in the media, when your loose you get silly and thats going on, the Steelers are business like and keeping the whole family concept alive, I mean I heard today that Jerome Bettis' Mother is preparing the whole team a dinner at their house, so I think the steelers are gonna win this now by at least 2 TD's. I also do not think that the Small D Line of Seatle will be abel to stop the O Line of the Steelers, I expect either Bettis or Parker to be a Super Bowl MVP, if a Defensive player gets it, it will be Palamalu.

Sheesh....they aren't going to start playing that "We Are Family" song nonstop like the Pirates did when they beat the Orioles are they? I might puke!

No thank god they arent playing that song

but I mean the Team is more of a family, Ward was crying last year cause he wanted Jerome to make it to the Super Bowl and so on, this is more then a team, they generally like each other (All But Maddox)

can you beleave its been 20 years since the phrase I'm going to Disney World was said by a Super Bowl Player, here is who I think says it this year, Bettis if the Steelers win, and Alexander if the Hawks win.

to Start to Celebrate Superbowl Weekend Alana and I are going to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame, in Canton Ohio, only about a 2 hour drive from us

2006-02-02phil4-a.jpg

Punxsutawney Phil, the weather predicting groundhog, is held up by his handler Bill Deeley while holding a "Terrible Towel" after the prediction of six more weeks of winter was announced in Punxsutawney, Pa. on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2006. The towel is used by Pittsburgh Steelers fans to show support for their team who are playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 5.

Edited by dragonwrangler95

can you beleave its been 20 years since the phrase I'm going to Disney World was said by a Super Bowl Player, here is who I think says it this year, Bettis if the Steelers win, and Alexander if the Hawks win.

Wow! B) Its been that long. :laugh:

i just got back from the Pro football Hall of Fame, alot of steeler fans there, did see one seahawks fan, I bought me a shot glass, my cousin is in Detroit, he went just to be around the game doesn't have tickets, and he said security is tight everywhere, too bad detroit doesn't have good law enforcement when just normal stuf is going on in that town

Punxsutawney Phil, the weather predicting groundhog, is held up by his handler Bill Deeley while holding a "Terrible Towel"

Actually, it looks like the handler just finished wiping the Phil's butt with the "terrible towel"....... :laugh:

I'm starting to worry that the Steelers are spending too much time focusing on Bettis "triumphant" homecoming and not enough time studying the X's and O's in their Superbowl playbooks.

They're acting as if they've already won the game, and that's a mistake.

Hope I'm just being paranoid....cause I really want Pittsburgh to win.

One of these days I'm going to actually understand what you guys are talking about. It's, like, 3/4 of the members on here are Amercian! B) I don't have a problem with it it's just that I never understand anything. :laugh:

What don't you understand? I'd be happy to explain anything that I can and I'm sure there's others that would do the same.

I'm starting to worry that the Steelers are spending too much time focusing on Bettis "triumphant" homecoming and not enough time studying the X's and O's in their Superbowl playbooks.

They're acting as if they've already won the game, and that's a mistake.

Hope I'm just being paranoid....cause I really want Pittsburgh to win.

With all of the 'normal' distractions of "Super Bowl Week" this is one that I think will help the Steelers play at their best.

I'm watching "Road to the Super Bowl" on ABC and was woundering if anyone else was. Also, I'm going to be in the chat room tomorrow during the game so if anyone wants to be there with me and chat about it I'll see you there.

Game On!

February 4, 2006

By KOMO Staff & News Services sbcover_020506_390x200.jpg

DETROIT - Oh, yeah, football.

All the tributes to Jerome Bettis are done. The war of words between Joey Porter and Jerramy Stevens is over. The Rolling Stones and Motown greats will sing in harmony, and the purveyors of doom - dangerous streets, a bleak setting, traffic jams - have been silenced by good vibes from the locals.

Not even a winter storm warning could temper the excitement for Sunday's Super Bowl. Now, it's time for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Seattle Seahawks to decide the NFL championship under Ford Field's steel roof.

"This has been a lot of fun," said Bettis, the Detroit native who received a key to the city, helped his parents host a team dinner and was the focal point of every Steelers news conference. "The one thing we're not losing sight of is we came here to play the Super Bowl."

In a winter wonderland, perhaps. After relatively mild weather all week, forecasters called for up to 7 inches of snow - a possibility the city planned for when it bid to bring the game to the North.

"A lot of people in Detroit are waiting for it to snow so they can show us that they really are ready," auto racing magnate Roger Penske, who spearheaded the effort, recently said.

Pittsburgh was prepared for its sixth Super Bowl, but the first in a decade. And Seattle's debut, even though its coach, Mike Holmgren, has been to four - two wins as an assistant with San Francisco, 1-1 as head coach in Green Bay. He's trying to become the first head coach to win with different franchises.

Holmgren understands as well as anybody that Super Bowl week is abnormal, filled with distractions galore. He also knows that finding some normality amid the hype is essential.

So he won't be in anyone's face early Sunday.

"They have meetings, mainly to keep them a little bit busy on Sunday morning," Holmgren said. "Otherwise the day gets to be a little bit long.

"But really, when you get to that point, it's done. It's been my experience that players I've been around, they're kind of tired of talking to me. And I'm a little bit tired of talking to them. So the plan is let them rest, let them get ready, let them think about it without me interrupting his thoughts."

They can ponder the fact the Steelers (14-5) are the first sixth seed to make the Super Bowl, yet are four-point favorites. They've won seven in a row, including road victories in the playoffs over division winners Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Denver.

And geography is working in Pittsburgh's favor. The streets of the Motor City already are loaded with Steelers fans who made the 285-mile drive from Pittsburgh, and the stadium figures to carry a black-and-gold hue Sunday.

The Seahawks (15-3) have won 13 of their last 14 games - the loss was a meaningless season finale at Green Bay - and routed Carolina for the conference championship as the No. 1 seed. In Shaun Alexander, they have the league MVP, and their defense led the NFL in sacks.

Yet they seem overshadowed by one of pro football's most storied franchises, one that made its name by going 4-0 in Super Bowls with Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris and the Steel Curtain.

"I said the other day that as far as any games, odds or who's the favorite or who's the underdog, we have nothing to do with that," Holmgren said. "We just are who we are and Pittsburgh is who they are.

"The only thing I can think of is that they beat Indianapolis, a huge win for them. And that popped up Pittsburgh, as it should.

"And then the other thing is, not many people know about us, to be honest. Unless you're on the West Coast or specifically in the state of Washington or in the Pacific Northwest, you'd be probably hard-pressed to name a bunch of our defensive players. People know Shaun Alexander and (QB Matt) Hasselbeck, perhaps. Walter Jones, maybe. But I think that has something to do with it."

Even commissioner Paul Tagliabue, in his annual state of the league address Friday, mentioned the "contrasting matchup."

"The newcomer, Seahawks from the Northwest, versus the tradition of the Steelers from industrial America, where our game and our league were born," he noted.

Seattle had the NFL's most prolific offense, with Alexander leading the league in rushing and setting a record with 28 touchdowns. Pittsburgh's defense, led by All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu - he of the flowing hair and fierce hits - and chatty linebacker Porter has been opportunistic throughout the winning streak.

The Steelers consistently have jumped to leads and protected them in the playoffs. Seattle has been ahead through most of the postseason.

Both teams generally avoided creating controversy this week - except, quite notably, Porter's verbal feud with Stevens. When the Seattle tight end had the temerity to suggest Bettis' homecoming would not end happily, Porter took it as an affront to the running back, the rest of the Steelers, and the city of Pittsburgh.

He promised Stevens would remember him when Porter delivers his first tackle Sunday.

Oh, yeah, football.

Notes at Half-time:

This is the WORST officiated SuperBowl in history! The score should be Seahawks - 7 Steelers - 0.

The Seahawks got robbed on their first touchdown. That guy didn't even touch the Steelers guy much less push off! It was SO obvious.

The Steelers first touchdown was completely BOGUS. Anybody could see that the ball wasn't over the line.

I swear I saw Cower slipping the officials some twentys................ :laugh:

Notes at Half-time:

This is the WORST officiated SuperBowl in history! The score should be Seahawks - 7 Steelers - 0.

The Seahawks got robbed on their first touchdown. That guy didn't even touch the Steelers guy much less push off! It was SO obvious.

The Steelers first touchdown was completely BOGUS. Anybody could see that the ball wasn't over the line.

I'm already having a heated talk with people on that Kor, but Seattle is pulling back!

Even though I would like some of reffs at my old school to look over a great deal of the calls of this game... I lost the bet I made and once I get the picture I will post it in my Avatar as said for one month.

Notes at Half-time:

Uh huh, just like Polamalu didn't intercept against the Colts... B) Steelers are the new champions! B)

So Matt, when are you going to take that worthless halfbreed hanyou out of your profile and switch it the true colours of glory, black and gold?

a good superbowl, very entertaining, the seahawks showed they belong, as a gesture of friendship and to a great game, I will not force you to have a Steelers Avatar!

A fairly good game.

The refs did make a few lousy calls against Seattle. But I'm glad Pitt won, and the Bus and Coach Cowher got his ring.

So Matt, when are you going to take that worthless halfbreed hanyou out of your profile and switch it the true colours of glory, black and gold?

a good superbowl, very entertaining, the seahawks showed they belong, as a gesture of friendship and to a great game, I will not force you to have a Steelers Avatar!

No, I lost the bet and I will do it and MrP it's my Avatar, not my siggy... no one touches the siggy! Besides, being half isn't all bad.

I think the NFL does need to do something with the Oficals in the NFL, I mean, the Steelers got their share of bad calls in the Playoffs, but the seahawks had chances but could not capitalize on them, All i gots to say is, I'm going to Disney World!, (I am in July)

All i gots to say is, I'm going to Disney World!, (I am in July)

Congrats on the Steeler's win!

Is Disney your yearly vacation now?

no, but we are gonna go to universal this year with one trip to Epcot, just Florida is where we are gonna go cause of my Parents now living down there

Ticker Tape Parade for the Super Bowl Champion Steelers tomorrow in the Burgh......this Super Bowl Vistory Reminded me alot of the Steelers 1st Victory (from what Ive seen I wasnt around yet) so maybe another one will happen ere again for us, also you don't understand how big this is for the Town, we are obsessed for our steelers like Boston is for their RedSoxs

It was an awesome game, but the best part of the game, I think personally, was this...

post-1503-1139256962.jpg

Bettis Hoists up Lombardi Trophy

this ranks right up there with Reggie White running around the field with the Lombardi Trophy...

Oh, and did it look to anyone else like Bart Starr had a bit of a tear in his eyes as he brought the trophy up to the stand?