Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Super Bowl XL Steelers Vs. Sea Hawks

7 out of 10 people polled out ofa Seattle Newstation (I think it was the CBS station) said the Steelers were gonna win, way to support your team you yuppies!!

I was watching on ESPN Yesterday before I had to go to work, the SuperBowl highlight of SuperBowl XXXI where the Packer beat the Patriots, now I am a big Packers fan being my 2nd Favorite team, but Holmgren (SP) was totally outcoached by Parcells and they won on just some great Special Teams Plays, Really the more I remember about the game, I think New England Dominated most of it.

Pittsburgh Held a Public Pep Rally at heinz Field Yesterday, with the Povety Neck Hillbillies (Awsome Country Rock Band from the Burgh) and several Player, they expected around 10,000 People to show up, 30,000 People turned out, Just curious if te Seahawks have held anything like this

I just hard, that because of the upcry in the Stones doing the halftime, they will do a special tribute to MoTown for the Pregame

Woo, two years in a row, we get rock GODS for Halftime. Last year, Paul McCartney, this year the Rolling Stones. Ah yeah.

Seattle slipped below my radar all year. I'm not making that mistake with the Superbowl.

Seattle--28, Pittsburgh--20

I've been quite busy lately so I haven't posted a lot but I'm thinking the Steelers will win this one and Bettis will retire after the game.

Kind of related to the game here's the DVD cases I made for my Steelers and Seahawks DVD's...

Steelers_eBay1.jpg

Steelers_eBay2.jpg

Seahawks_eBay1.jpg

Seahawks_eBay2.jpg

Sorry VBG, but I don't think is will be the Steelers just for the fact people don't see the Seahawks as a threat.

Sorry VBG, but I don't think is will be the Steelers just for the fact people don't see the Seahawks as a threat.

I think the Steelers do, what the general public thinks doesn't really matter when it comes down to the game.

I've watched all of the Steelers games this season and I've watched all of the Seahawks games this year, I am just of the opinion that the Steelers are the stronger of the 2. Not to mention that in terms of strength of schedule the Seahawks ranked 32nd out of 32 (the Colts were 31st).

That's not to say that the Seahawks have no chance, but in my opinion it will be the Steelers day.

Trust me the steelers are not taking the team lightly, actually they said they don't like even being favored, but I gotta go with VBG when you face the Cardinals and 49ers 2 times in your schedule thats like having 4 extra bye weeks

BTW Dick (whoo hoo) Hoak a coach for the steelers is my dad's 3rd cousin, what that makes me of him, I gots no clue

I saw the so Called "pep Rally" that the Chicken Hawks had, 3000 fans showed up, jeez the Steelers had 30,000 at theirs

just to show you that Pittsburgh is to Footbal to what Boston is to Baseball

I saw the so Called "pep Rally" that the Chicken Hawks had, 3000 fans showed up, jeez the Steelers had 30,000 at theirs

just to show you that Pittsburgh is to Footbal to what Boston is to Baseball

Maybe it just means that Pittsburg has that many more unemployed people who have the time to go to a pep rally.................. :laugh: .... :huh:

No respect for the Seahawks. We have to send reporters to "Showdown in Motown" and wear stupid hates just to get people to know that we'll be there Sunday.

Reasons to hate the seahawks:

Abandoned the Kingdome after millions were spend rennovating it.

Built an open-air stadium in Seattle.

Changed their logo in 2002.

Named their stadium after the evil phone company Qwest.

Had to move from the AfC to the NFC to make a win a playoff game

They stole the 12th man concept from Texas A&M (come up with our own Gimmick)

They Stole the Eagles colors and Logo

2 words Montlake Bridge

Worst coffee - Ironically, Seattle 's Best Coffee

Ride the Ducks tourist tour

Super Bowl XL Preview

Getty

"The Steelers are going to win this game.”

- Dan Marino on Super Bowl XL

Thats it.....the Steelers are done.....finished.They have just been endorsed by someone whos never won anything and whos predictions are always wrong.......... :laugh:

Reasons to hate the seahawks:

Abandoned the Kingdome after millions were spend rennovating it.

Built an open-air stadium in Seattle.

Changed their logo in 2002.

Named their stadium after the evil phone company Qwest.

Had to move from the AfC to the NFC to make a win a playoff game

They stole the 12th man concept from Texas A&M (come up with our own Gimmick)

They Stole the Eagles colors and Logo

2 words Montlake Bridge

Worst coffee - Ironically, Seattle 's Best Coffee

Ride the Ducks tourist tour

No respect for Seattle... let's go through thoes:

*Kingdome, which I miss, had parts fall from it's roof in the middle of a baseball game. I find that good reason to get a new stadium.

*So what if it's open air? You can tell who the away team fans are.

*Some things need change and it looks good.

*It might be quest field, but no one calls it that in western Washington. They just call is The Seahawks Stadium.

*There is no proof showing that if they were in the AFC that they wouldn't have made it this far.

*Thw owner of the Seahawks is Paul Allen... enough said.

*I've never seen the Eagles' log colors, but come on. How many colors can you really use. Besides, it looks good on the Seahawks.

*Two words: Space Needle.

*At least it's not Starbucks. I know both are from Seattle, but I personally make my own.

*What? Can't stand going into the water for a few minutes without getting sea sick?

I'm embarrassed to admit that we also have a Ride The Ducks tour here in Baltimore......... :blush 2:

They tried here in Pitsburgh, but our Riverboats put it out of Business quickly

Kor I liked the Water Taxi's in Baltimore, so its all good, you guys got the baseball stadium that changed all baseball stadiums and still ranks in the top 2 Ive visited

and at least Baltimore has a NFL Legacy like the Colts NFL Chamiponshps and Superbowl history (should of never left for Indy) and the Browns, i mean Ravens won the Superbowl a few years back

ok thewhole AFC NFC Switch for the Hawks, if they were still in the afc west, they ould of played Chargers, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, They would of Split games with the Chiefs, Chargers, and Broncos, lost both to Denver, and they would of ad to play the NFC East the hardest division in the NFC, so their strength of Schedule would of went up and I bet they would of had 6 losses, not good enough to get the 6th Wild Card, and hence missed the playoffs, FYI the Seahawks Strenght of Schedule was 32nd, dead last in the NFL, not the Steelers were 18th, right in the Middle, I mean when you play the Rams, Cardnials, and 49ers in your division, thats like having 6 extra bye weeks! I know College Schedules (notre Dame) that were alot harder then theirs, now can you dig that......SUCKA

I appreciate the sentiment, Joe. But to make things easier for The Ravens, a new schedule has been made up for them......

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
OFFICIAL 2006 RAVENS SCHEDULE

September

14..................Glen Burnie Junior High School

21..................Cub Scout Troop #101

28..................Baltimore Blind Academy

October

05.................Spanish American War Vets

12.................Crippled Children's Home

26.................Girl Scout Troop #353

November

02.................Western Maryland Venereal Disease Clinic

09.................Chesapeake Boy's Choir

16.................Korean Amputees

SPECIAL MONDAY NIGHT GAME

December

08................Essex Alternative Life Style Club

**RULE CHANGES FROM LAST YEAR**

1 - When playing polio patients, the Ravens must not disconnect knee braces.

2 - When playing the Blind Academy, the Ravens must not hide the football under their jerseys.

**RULES THE SAME FROM LAST YEAR**

1 - A touchdown (this is when the ball is carried over the goal line for all you Ravens fans that have never seen this) is still worth 6 points.

2 - The Ravens will be allowed 20 men on the field at all times.

3 - The Ravens will be allowed to substitute with band members at anythime.

4 - The Ravens will be awarded 10 timeouts as opposed to 3 for the opposing team.

5 - The Ravens will be awarded a first down with each gain of three yards or more, instead of the usual ten yards.

**COACHING CHANGES**

Kyle Boller will be replaced by Monica Lewinsky. She will no doubt blow a few, but she certainly won't choke on the big ones!!!

yeah I almost feel bad for the Ravens, almost

They need 2 things, a coaching change and a real QB

Steelers fans stockpile Terrible Towels for Super Bowl

DANIEL LOVERING

Associated Press

PITTSBURGH - For Steelers fans, rooting for the home team is almost unimaginable without a Terrible Towel. Some stores are even running out of them.

The towel was conceived as "a gimmick that would more closely involve the fans with the team," said Myron Cope, a retired sportscaster who teamed with a promotion director at WTAE radio to invent the accessory in 1975.

The black-and-gold terry cloths have come to symbolize the Steel City and its storied football team.

McArthur Towel & Sports Co. of Baraboo, Wis., expects to produce nearly 1 million Terrible Towels this year, the largest number ever.

As the Steelers prepare for Sunday's Super Bowl in Detroit, Terrible Towels again are essential for any true Steelers fan.

"Everyone just has to have a Terrible Towel," said Marcia Hellman, 45, who manages Mike Feinberg Co., a leading seller of Steelers paraphernalia. "It's part of the Steelers."

Hellman said the store, founded decades ago by her father, has temporarily run out of the towels in recent days; the demand has been the strongest she's seen in 20 years. Some customers have bought as many as 200 Terrible Towels at a time.

Ron Makay, a 40-year-old streetside vendor, said he sold 50 towels in roughly 20 minutes. Waving one, he said, is "the epitome" of Steelers support.

Cope wanted simple items to stir up the fans, "something that everybody has and that will not endanger the person sitting next to them or in front of them."

"I thought on it for a little bit and I said that's it, and we'll call it the Terrible Towel," he said. "And I'll be on radio and television yelling at people to bring out a yellow, gold or black towel to the game. And I'll say the Terrible Towel is poised to strike."

Cope said the towel's catchy name was the result of "a brainstorm" and could inspire "strange things" to happen to Steelers opponents.

"The Terrible Towel has mysterious connotations. ... You have to use your imagination," he said.

In 1996, Cope gave the Terrible Towel trademark to the Allegheny Valley School, a facility for the mentally retarded. Cope has an autistic son, Danny, who has lived at Allegheny Valley for more than 20 years.

Sales of the towels have generated more than $300,000 for the school this season and more than $1 million over the past nine years, said Dorothy Hunter Gordon, the school's chief development officer.

Tim Carey, merchandising manager for the Steelers, said there was "a frenzy" of demand and that they tended to sell in large numbers because of their low cost.

"Because it retails for seven or eight bucks, it's really pretty affordable," he said. "You have one on your car, you have one on your TV. You can have more than one."

Other teams, including the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers, have tried to introduce their own towels.

"Like all copycats, they flop," Cope said. "Maybe they (fans) sit on them and if they take them home they use them for dust rags."

:laugh:

I have a terrible towel myself. I take it to the stadium when the Ravens play the Steelers. I won't tell you what I do with it though. Needless to say, the Steelers fans are never amused......... :laugh:

One of these days I'm going to actually understand what you guys are talking about. It's, like, 3/4 of the members on here are Amercian! :huh: I don't have a problem with it it's just that I never understand anything. :laugh:

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

As much as I try I can't truely hate the Sea Hawks, its not like they are playing the Cowboys....hmmmm

That we can agree on. I detest the Cowboys

Oh, and about the fan send off...

The Steelers was mid day Friday and they had free food. The Seahawks was at 730 on Sunday in the rain.

The Steelers was mid day Friday

Aren't most people at work at mid day???....See my earlier post about unemployed people in Pittsburg... :laugh:

The Seahawks was at 730 on Sunday in the rain

Poor planning by the Seahawks. 7:30 pm at night on a Sunday?