Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Super Bowl XL Steelers Vs. Sea Hawks

Here are some Facts about this Super Bowl

Super Bowl XL Facts

* Super Bowl XL was just the sixth Super Bowl in which the losing team amassed more offensive yards than the winning team. (Super Bowl XVI the Cincinnati Bengals outgained the San Francisco 49ers, Super Bowl XXX the Pittsburgh Steelers outgained the Dallas Cowboys, Super Bowl XXXII the Green Bay Packers outgained the Denver Broncos, Super Bowl XXXVI the St. Louis Rams outgained the New England Patriots, Super Bowl XXXIX the Philadelphia Eagles outgained the New England Patriots .)

* Ben Roethlisberger's 22.7 quarterback rating was the lowest of any quarterback in any Super Bowl.

* Seahawks receiver Darrell Jackson tied Andre Reed (in Super Bowl XXV of the Buffalo Bills) for the record for most receptions in the first quarter of a Super Bowl (five).

* This marked the 8th time in the last 10 Super Bowls where the team who won the coin toss lost the game. The Seahawks won the coin toss and despite scoring first lost the game. This was also the fourth time in five games the team scoring first lost the game.

* The Seahawks losing the game marked the 13th different loser in the past 13 Super Bowls. After the Buffalo Bills lost their 4th straight Super Bowl is when this streak started.

* The Steelers became just the fourth team in Super Bowl history to fail to gain a first down in the first quarter, and only the second team to do it and go on to win.

* The Steelers became the 9th team to win the Super Bowl over a team with a better record going into the game (14-5 for the Steelers to 15-3 for the Seahawks). The last to do so was the New England Patriots(13-5) over the St. Louis Rams(16-2) in Super Bowl XXXVI.

* The Steelers became just the third team to win the Super Bowl despite not playing a single home game in the playoffs. The Green Bay Packers, who won Super Bowl I, and the Kansas City Chiefs, who won Super Bowl IV, also accomplished the feat. The Steelers, however, had to win four games to accomplish the feat, while the Chiefs won three games, and the Packers two games.

* They are also the first team to win the Super Bowl being seeded 5th or lower. The previous three Wild Card teams to win the Super Bowl (2000 Baltimore Ravens, 1997 Denver Broncos and 1980 Oakland Raiders) were all seeded 4th in their conference.

* The Steelers became just the third team to lose the turnover battle and win the game. The Baltimore Colts were the first in Super Bowl V and the Steelers in Super Bowl XIV.

* Antwaan Randle El became the first wide receiver to throw a touchdown pass in a Super Bowl, and the third non-quarterback to do so.

* Ben Roethlisberger became the second youngest quarterback to start in a Super Bowl, behind only Dan Marino, who led the Dolphins to Super Bowl XIX at age 23. He also became the youngest quarterback ever to win a Super Bowl (23 years, 11 months).

* Two Super Bowl records held by former Raiders players were broken in Super Bowl XL by one yard. The longest touchdown run of 75 yards by Steelers RB Willie Parker beat Marcus Allen's 74 yard run in the Los Angeles Raiders win against the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl XVIII. The longest interception return (76 yards by Seahawks CB Kelly Herndon) beat Willie Brown's record of 75 yards in the Oakland Raiders win against the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl XI, although Brown's interception resulted in a touchdown while Herndon's did not.

* This was the first Super Bowl to be played on the FieldTurf surface; each of the previous Super Bowls has been played either on natural grass or on AstroTurf.

* This was the first victory for an AFC team when the Super Bowl was on ABC. Previously, the NFC was 6-0, dating back to Super Bowl XIX in 1985. Also, this was ABC's final NFL game after 36 years; rights to Monday Night Football go to ESPN this fall, as NBC picks up the Sunday night package.

* Hasselbeck was the first starting Super Bowl quarterback wearing number '8' to lose, where quarterbacks wearing number '8' were previously 5-0.

* Hines Ward became only the second MVP to be born outside of the United States. Born in South Korea, he joins Canadian born Mark Rypien, MVP of Super Bowl XXVI.

* Mike Holmgren became the fifth coach to have taken two different teams to the Super Bowl. He follows Don Shula, Bill Parcells, Dan Reeves, and Dick Vermeil; none won the Super Bowl with both teams.

* With this appearance, the Steelers joined the Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos as the only franchises to have qualified for six Super Bowls; the Broncos also have six appearances, while the Cowboys have eight.

* The Steelers became only the third franchise to wear white jerseys despite being the "home" team; the Cowboys (Super Bowls XIII and XXVII) and the Redskins (Super Bowl XVII), who traditionally wear white at home, are the other two.

* The beginning of the game was marked by a moment of silence in memory of Coretta Scott King and Rosa Parks, herself a Detroit native.

* The game was frequently referred to as "Extra Large" in view of its Roman numeral designation, XL.

* Homeland Security agents monitoring the Superbowl did so in 3D. Using streams from two cameras, the LifeVision 3D system is able to project images onto a 20-inch screen that is equipped with a depth tube. This depth tube makes images appear to rise 30 inches off the screen and sink 30 inches into the screen allowing real world volumes and distances to be displayed accurately.

* After having held constant at $600 for three years, the face value of the costliest Super Bowl ticket rose to $700 for the game. On eBay, the least-desirable seats—those behind each end zone in the upper level—fetched more than $2000 each, while top seats around the 50-yard line sold for more than $6000.

* Members of the winning team each received a payment of $73,000 for playing in the game, while players on the losing team were paid $38,000. The Green Bay Packers received $15,000 each for winning Super Bowl I in 1967; adjusted for inflation in 2006 dollars, that sum is roughly $86,000. [21]. :laugh:

Edited by dragonwrangler95

Well I am going to the Parade tomorow! I was able to rearange my Schedule

whooooo

Try not to set any fires or overturn any cars, Joe...... :laugh:

I slept in Didnt make the Parade but I am watching it on TV, amazing 200,000 fans down there, I'm kinda glad I didnt go, now considering all the people that were in Pittsburgh 32 arrests were made, and the car that was overturned were by out of state Pitt Students

Yesterday i went and got Willie Parker's Autograph, he was very Nice to all te fans, whats really good about the Steelers is that the players appreciate the fans, unlike some players...um TO for Example, I can't wait to see what the Super Bowl Ring will look like