Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Stardate what?

Now I know that I don't like Star Trek: Enterprise for a lot of reasons, but this isn't a post slamming the series so please don't flame me or fill this post up with spam. I just have a question about the series, what year is it in the latest episode?

Regards,

Lt. Evans

P.S: Also, is their somewhere I can have a healthy, informative and adult debate and conversation about my qualms with 'Enterprise' which won't be locked by the administrators because of people being rude?

By 'latest episode', do you mean the one repeated on UPN last week, next week or the last episode of the series?

This is a good forum for holding your discussion, mj won't allow member bashing from either side of the debate.

I meant the latest episode of the series... sorry, I don't get UPN, I live in the United Kingdom so I see the various Star Treks on Sky One or Channel 4.

I'm not worried about member bashing, I'm just worried about raising my qualms with the series turning into an argument because another member dislikes what I'm saying... that's all.

I see.

What you describe is considered member bashing, unlike some other websites, we have & enforce rules prohibiting flame wars.

There shouldn't be a problem as long as both sides respects the others rights to hold their opinion as well.

Alright, well - I'll go ahead with my debate, maybe sometime tomorrow. I won't be rude, I will always value another persons opinion and certainly won't start a flame war. In the mean time does anyone know what year it currently is in the "Star Trek: Enterprise" universe, according to the last aired episode?

Regards,

Lt. Evans

Edited by Lt. Evans

The final episode "These Are The Voyages", is a holodeck program being viewed by Commander Riker in 2370. The program is set in 2160.

The episode before that is "Terra Prime" and is set in 2155, it is the last episode to actually be set in Enterprise's present.

Enterprise did not use stardates.

huh... This actually is a question I've wondered about for sometime now but didn't bring it up then deciding to wait till I heard it again on the DVDs...

I'm sure I've heard Archer recite, on at least on occasion, the words Captains Log; could be he said 'Personal Log' though but I vaguely remember thinking at the time how I'd wished they given using the log some foreshadowing instead of it just suddenly being used.

Archer would say something like "Captain's Log Stardate May 13, 2153"

That's too long

The final episode "These Are The Voyages", is a holodeck program being viewed by Commander Riker in 2370. The program is set in 2160.

The episode before that is "Terra Prime" and is set in 2155, it is the last episode to actually be set in Enterprise's present.

The reason I asked is because the Romulan-Earth war took place between the years of 2156-2160, and it looks like the series avoided that war. Probably because it is alledged to have involved the use of nuclear weaponry, and also it is not a original idea of writers B&B. Has "Star Trek: Enterprise" been cancelled then, or are they making another series as we speak?

Edited by Lt. Evans

The show has been cancelled. TATV doesn't address the Romulan war but that is somewhat understandable as it is a holodeck program. Manny Coto, the exectuive producer of the fourth season, has (I believe) gone on record saying that in a fifth season the war would have been addressed.

it's official that the fifth season would have at least been the start of the Romulan War, which is why Romulans started to show up in season four. Sad thought of what could have been... :laugh:

Alright, well - I'll go ahead with my debate, maybe sometime tomorrow. I won't be rude, I will always value another persons opinion and certainly won't start a flame war. In the mean time does anyone know what year it currently is in the "Star Trek: Enterprise" universe, according to the last aired episode?

Regards,

Lt. Evans

I would like to echo the fact that this is the forum to carry out discussions or debates on topics specifically related to Enterprise.

You are free to put forth any opinion you have within the rules of the board and the rules of the forum.

Familiarize yourself with those rules. The most enforced rule is that personal attacks are not permitted. You can dispute someone's opinions but cannot flame them for having those opinions.

There are other members (besides yourself) of stf.net who never liked the series Enterprise. However most of the people who visit this forum are Enterprise fans.

Just keep the discussion civil, and within board rules.

mj

it's official that the fifth season would have at least been the start of the Romulan War, which is why Romulans started to show up in season four. Sad thought of what could have been... :tear:

I pray that the next season of Star Trek: Enterprise does see the light of day, before someone screams at me that it won't ever happen or why do I care if I don't like 'Enterprise'?! Leave off, I want the next series to appear because, let's be honest, shows have been cancelled and brought back before. Word round the campfire is that enough written complaints has FOX seriously considering bringing back 'Futurama', which was cancelled because some nit-wit in a suit thought:

"Duh, this isn't the Simpsons... we should just make more Simpsons... duh, new shows are too risky... duh, I only love my money and re-runs."

Moreover, I wish fans of Enterprise well, I just think DS9 was (ultimately) a better series when it started making grittier decisions. All the other Star Trek(s) were stories set in a universe, a normal story only set in the ST Universe. Whereas in DS9 the writers eventually realised that wouldn't work on a space station so they decided introduce the Dominion War. Suddenly it wasn't a story in the ST Universe, the ST Universe was the story. Most people on this site seem to think TNG is the best, and they're entitled to their opinions.

Regards,

Lt. Evans

Edited by Lt. Evans

I regret that they did not get to the Romulan Wars. It would have been interesting to see what they did with 'canon' on this one. In Balance of Terror, the suggestion was that this war was fought with weapons that would be considered primitive compared to the NX-01. That would not make sense now. And how would they preserve the idea that no one knows that Romulans and Vulcans are related?

I wish they would do an Enterprise movie centered on the Romulan war. Trip would have to be alive during that period, based on the dates mentioned above.

I was an Enterprise basher while it was on the air.

However, in the aftermath of it's cancellation I've started to actually watch the episodes (something I rarely did when I hated the show) and find myself warming up to the series.

It was quite good, I think (now).

I missed out. I would have loved to have been a fan during it's run. But I think, at the time, I was just overloaded on Trek, and I had / still have issues with B&B. Both were strikes against Enterprise I was unwilling to look past. And I was massively disappointed the Captain Sulu / Excelsior series didn't happen.

Who knows? Maybe Ent' will get a movie one day.