Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Texas Defeats USC for the College football Championship

I am so happy Texas won.

You don't know how tired I was of hearing every sportscaster in America proclaim USC "The Greatest team in college football history".....much less listen to all the Trojan fans out here in California yapping about how USC was unstoppable. I won't even mention the whole "They're going to win 3 National championships in a row!' baloney....LSU won the crystal football a couple seasons back, not Tommy Trojan....

Hopefully this will shut the maroon & Gold moron brigade up for a few months.

Go Longhorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Edited by APW

well i agree with everything but the 3-peat statement you made, i recognize (S) The AP Champinship over the Falsehood of a BCS championship, the AP trophy is what I will go by until there is a Playoff system

While it was a very exciting game with two high powered offenses, I enjoyed watching Ohio State and Penn State win their Bowl games much more, because there was a lot more DEFENSE. As much as I enjoy offense, football imo should also feature a tough defense when you are talking about a National Champion. Both teams deserve credit for their impressive records, but give me a hard nosed consistent defense and I am much happier. I also have to admit, as a Big Ten and longtime Rose Bowl fan, it just seems wrong not to have a Big Ten team playing in the Rose Bowl, but that's not the case with the BCS. I wish they would make a real playoff system for the top Division in college football. They already do them in other divisions.

Edited by trekz

While it was a very exciting game with two high powered offenses, I enjoyed watching Ohio State and Penn State win their Bowl games much more, because there was a lot more DEFENSE. As much as I enjoy offense, football imo should also feature a tough defense when you are talking about a National Champion. Both teams deserve credit for their impressive records, but give me a hard nosed consistent defense and I am much happier. I also have to admit, as a Big Ten and longtime Rose Bowl fan, it just seems wrong not to have a Big Ten team playing in the Rose Bowl, but that's not the case with the BCS. I wish they would make a real playoff system for the top Division in college football. They already do them in other divisions.

You're from CHICAGO, Trekz, OF COURSE you like Defense! That's what Chicago Football is all about, to the virtual exclusion of Offense...Oh, wait, Grossman's back, n/m...

It was an interesting game, but I thought I'd see alittle more explosiveness out of Reggie Bush. He looked...ordinary.

well i agree with everything but the 3-peat statement you made, i recognize (S) The AP Champinship over the Falsehood of a BCS championship, the AP trophy is what I will go by until there is a Playoff system

Well, I'm a little biased in favor of southern schools anyway. So if it's an argument over who a national champion is between a California school and Louisiana, then Louisiana wins. :laugh:

It's funny. I saw quite a few USC hoodies and jackets last week while shopping. Not a one today. :lol: