Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Closing Down This Forum?

15 members have voted

1. 1. Closing Down This Forum?

• Keep it, let's not get rid of it (We still have some people participating)
    • Close it down for good
    • Close it down for now, but in the future re-launch it

Important!

Read / Reply ASAP

A lot of you have signed up and have still not tried to answer 2 of the questions or have not participated. If you changed your mind, then please tell me. In the “nuqneH” topic I have said that learning Klingon is a serious business and I’m going to treat it as such. Under those lines I expected people who said “I’m in” to be serious in actually participating. Learning this language does take some effort. I also want it to be fun, but in learning any language itdoes requires effort on your and my part.

These are the people who signed up:

ddillard

bevfanK

Takara_Soong

Indy

Abakai2003

trekbabe

Xeroc

dsbs

cassidy

TNGtrekker220

Some of you have participated and I’m most appreciative. Some of you have not.

If you have not participated and you still want to be part of the group, then please answer a few of the questions in the “Lesson 1 Question Center”. If for some reason you have been too busy to participate in this, then please tell me - I’ll make sure you won’t get too behind and I’ll be sure to catch you up. Finally, if you don’t want to be part of the group then I need to know.

Thank you,

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Edited by master_q

Well I have been on and off this forum and I have been on and off trying to learn the language. Sometimes it is difficult due to time constraints to put the effort needed. This has been a problem for many of us here including myself.

So I’m going to “Re-launch the Klingon Embassy”

This means that I’m going to start to put more effort into this forum. I’m also going to try to promote it a bit more. One of the things that this forum is meant for is not only writing in the Klingon language, but also to talk about the Klingon culture. So that’s one thing I would like to encourage.

I myself am more interested in learning how to write Klingon rather then to speak it . . . .and in a message board that is the only thing we can really do.

On Sunday I have the day off so I’m going to spend that day just on Klingon stuff. So I’ll be posting some stuff for the language directly and I’ll post one or two things about Klingon culture.

Master Q

Klingon Embassy

Well, I’m debating if we should close this forum down or leave it up.

I don’t know. Maybe in the future we could re-launch it or we could still continue to have this forum and leave it alone. I’ll be going back to college and then I’ll have less of an incline to continue to learn Klingon. So I don’t know.

However, I think that everyone should have a say edgewise.

Master Q

I don't generally post in it, but I enjoy reading the posts, and if I can find the time, I've been wanting to go over Lesson 1 and learn Klingon.

Keep it, please. There are still two of us trying to learn Klingon.

Definately keep it!!!! I love learning klingon!!!! In the past few days it seems like only indy and I have been participating, but it could be becauase people just sort of forgot about the forum or don't really know about it. Its really fun to learn and I suggest to anyone who hasn't checked the forum out to do so!!!

I think were going to leave it open! :D

Right now it is slow, but maybe in the future we will kick up a bit.

Like I stated I’ll probably have a less of an incline to learn Klingon when I’m back in college, but when I’m on break I’ll try to promote this forum (and to get everyone that is participating getting passed lesson 2)

Also,

If you know anyone that might want to learn Klingon (LOL, if that is possible), then be sure to tell them about this place.

Master Q

Tonight was my first time visiting the Klingon Embassy.I'm in,if you decide to keep this forum running.I tried to learn Klingon on my own once,using the Klingon Dictionary and got nowhere.I'll give it another shot. :laugh:

Keep it! One day, I am going to finish with Spanish, Latin and everything else that I'm trying to learn right now... then I'd love to have it here! ;) :lol:

I would be interested in learning but at the moment i dont have the dictionary or the time but i say keep it open because people are still learning dont let other people spoil it for the few people who are serious.

:P