Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Kingdom of the Spiders

aking15mp.jpg

Has anyone here seen this movie? I have it on DVD and it is probably one of my favorite movies. It was made in 1977 and stars William Shatner and Tiffany Bolling. The basic plot of the story is after investigating the mysterious deaths of a number of farm animals, vet Rack Hansen (Shatner) discovers that his town lies in the path of hoards of migrating tarantulas. Before he can take action, the streets are overrun by killer spiders, trapping a small group of towns folk in a remote hotel.

aking8mp.jpg

I really do enjoy the movie. It's really amazing. Unlike spider movies made today, these are real and really do give me the heeby jeebies. There is one scene that really sticks out in my mind and that's when the little girl that is hiding in the hotel with the rest of the survivors screams and you see that her entire bed is covered in spiders and she it trying hard not to be bitten. This movie is awesome.

aking09wd.jpg

It has a really good story with excellent effects, the entire town is taken over by spiders with people dead in the streets with spider webs covering them. And the ending is great, one of the best endings to a spider film ever! Overall, I can't say it enough, this film is fantastic.