Sign in to follow this  
Chataeya

Childrens Toys and

B) Am I the only one or what?

It took my two girls 30 minutes each to open their gifts from Santa, but, it took just about 10 hour to get them out of there wrapings.

Is it just Homer and I that had this problem or did it happen in other households too?

It left a bitter taste in my mouth about this so called Holiday of Merry. As I was not merry for to long after the opening of presents. B) All that Tape and String and Wires and etc. etc. etc................. B)

they talk about child proofing stuff but what about adult proofing stuff? i think i've seen that more than anything. especially when it comes to taking kids toys out of the package.

We gotta new digital camera, in the process of setting it up I accidentally choose German as its language; (that was the first thing it asked) took an hour of trial and error before I found how to switch it to English in the menu. B) The booklet was worthless!

I wasn't around any kids on Christmas morning - but for my own shopping - I never want to buy another electronic thing sealed in those hard plastic covers - you need a chainsaw.

Oh, and those medicines with the foil seals - I hope your head doesn't hurt too bad.

CD's - grrrr

We gotta new digital camera, in the process of setting it up I accidentally choose German as its language; (that was the first thing it asked) took an hour of trial and error before I found how to switch it to English in the menu. B) The booklet was worthless!

B) I know that feeling as I got a new digi cam my self not to long ago, I am still learning to use it . Like , I did not know that I can use my cam and take pic off the TV through a cable hook up. Or I can reverse it to put my pic on the TV.

Good Gravy, and there is still more the little thing can do . It's becoming a TMI (To Much Information).

And I hate the Techno babble about it. Just tell me about the thingamajig or the whatgamacallit and I will be happy.

Someone CALLED ME OVER TO THEIR HOUSE, to take out a cordless phone from it's wrapping. And I almost broke it (I am partcialy a professional box-opener B)).

And it's worth noting that most meds that are sealed in “child proof containers” are easily opened by the child, and no one else.

Edited by BKY1701

Getting some of my daughter's toys out of the boxes was a chore. I don't mind the wires as much as that clear elastic stuff that hurts like heck if it snaps back on you and is hard as heck to get off the toys.

I wasn't around any kids on Christmas morning - but for my own shopping - I never want to buy another electronic thing sealed in those hard plastic covers - you need a chainsaw.

Oh, and those medicines with the foil seals - I hope your head doesn't hurt too bad.

CD's - grrrr

I concur TUH. Whomever invented those hard plactic covers and shrink wrapped process for packages should be made to spend a couple hours each day trying to open those %$#@& things!

Someone CALLED ME OVER TO THEIR HOUSE, to take out a cordless phone from it's wrapping. And I almost broke it (I am partcialy a professional box-opener B)).

And it's worth noting that most meds that are sealed in “child proof containers” are easily opened by the child, and no one else.

Medicine in child proof containers is particularly maddening to me. I'm all for child safety, but don't manufacturers realize that many people trying to open their medicine are old, weak, possibly suffering from arthritis and in pain??? Sadistic is the word for it IMO. B)

Whenever I have to deal with one of those hard plastic containers which are welded shut on the edges (like was the case for the cameras separately packaged SD card) I take a heavy duty pair of scissors and carefully cut off one end then insert one scissors tip into the created space and cut around the object. Still a pain though.

There are medications that are easy to open for the elder. Its on the label. As far as hard plastic if people didn't shop left there won't be the need for them.

I watched some news program once where they did an experiment with the childproof medicine bottles - if they just gave them to the kids and said open them - they did it in a matter of few seconds around a minute I think. If they explained to the kids how to do it first - it took the kids a few seconds longer to get them open? B)

They are design so it give parents the peace of mind knowing that their medicine is in "child proof" bottles so they can't open them.

They are design so it give parents the peace of mind knowing that their medicine is in "child proof" bottles so they can't open them.

False security is worse then no security.

Getting some of my daughter's toys out of the boxes was a chore. I don't mind the wires as much as that clear elastic stuff that hurts like heck if it snaps back on you and is hard as heck to get off the toys.

I know all about that too. as they were also included in the packing, so clear rubber band, wire, string and tape are all the things they use to wrap and stick dolls and toys into cartons with. I don't know about anyone else but there may not be a santa clause coming into my house this coming Christmas.jester.gif

Yes but have you ever noticed that older adults have trouble getting into them, but hand it to a child and they WILL get it open!jester.gif

Edited by Chataeya