Sign in to follow this  

aliennation014pr.jpg

I'm watching one of the TV movies of the series Alien Nation now and it just reminds me how much I love this series. I've been a fan of the series longer than I have of Star Trek since I've only been a fan of Trek for about three years and I watched Alien Nation back in it's original run in the 90's.

Any other fans here of this incredible series? This is quite possibly my favorite Scifi series besides Trek. Love it

I didn't have access to the series or its movies when it aired so I only saw a couple of episodes when I travelled so I can't say much about it. I do really enjoy the original movie that starred James Caan and Mandy Patinkin whenever it's on television.

I enjoyed the movie and the series. The series did not last long because it did not seem to get very high ratings. It was very unfortunate.

What years was the series on? It seems to me I was in the Army at that time and didn't watch TV very often.

It was on FOX for the 1989-90 television season. Looks like there were 5 movies from 1994 through 1997.

You guys may not recognize him in that picture but that human cop is Gary Graham who we, of course, know so well as Enterprise's Soval.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Yeah, 89-90 I was living at Fort Gordon in Georgia and Fort Hood in Texas and rarely watched TV. I think TNG and Quantum Leap were the only shows I watched during that time... Oh yeah, there was a Vietnam War series on that we liked to watch... "Call to Duty" I think was it's name.

Oh yeah, there was a Vietnam War series on that we liked to watch... "Call to Duty" I think was it's name.

Call to Duty was a Cold War series with Craig T. Nelson that was about pilots. I think it took place between the Cuban Missle Crisis and the US involvement in Viet Nam. I think it ended in '86 or '87

You are thinking about Tour of Duty which came out later. That was the one about a platoon of Infantry (later Rangers) in Vietnam.

Both were good shows but since I was in an Infantry unit during Tour of Duty I remember that one better.

I heard the only reason the series go canealed was because the head of programing at fox was bald, and he didnt like the bald aliens

You are thinking about Tour of Duty which came out later. That was the one about a platoon of Infantry (later Rangers) in Vietnam.

That's it exactly, my buddies would come up to my barracks room to watch it. If I recall correctly it came on on Friday nights. I can distinctly remember a lot of beer being involved while the show was on so it had to be a weekend night lol

Of course it wasn't realistic. Here is why:

In the pilot episode, Private Roger Horn is seen dropping his M-16 twice in the Huey.

In the pilot episode, with a background of 1967, all of the characters wear helmets with helmet covers issued in 1970s.

In all the episodes of 1st and 2nd season, quite a few characters (Taylor, Johnson, Purcell) wear helmets with chinstraps from 1970s.

In the episode "Soldiers" where Purcell, Ruiz, and Taylor go to Hawaii for R&R, there is a Blackhawk helicopter being wheeled around the tarmac in the episode's ending.

What years was the series on? It seems to me I was in the Army at that time and didn't watch TV very often.

It was on FOX for the 1989-90 television season. Looks like there were 5 movies from 1994 through 1997.

You guys may not recognize him in that picture but that human cop is Gary Graham who we, of course, know so well as Enterprise's Soval.

Yeppers, I recognized him. He is somewhat heavier as Soval.

I remember watching all the movies when they came on t.v and the very short lived series as soon as I saw Gary Graham in the Enterprise 2 hour Pilot I remembered him from the t.v series Alien Nation years before he Became The Vulcan Soval.

B) B) B) B)

I remember watching all the movies when they came on t.v and the very short lived series as soon as I saw Gary Graham in the Enterprise 2 hour Pilot I remembered him from the t.v series Alien Nation years before he Became The Vulcan Soval.

B) B) B) B)

same here, when I watched Enterprise, I also remembered him from Alien Nation. The man who played George (the Alien in the pic) was also in a few guest appearances on Enterprise

same here, when I watched Enterprise, I also remembered him from Alien Nation. The man who played George (the Alien in the pic) was also in a few guest appearances on Enterprise

Not just Enterprise, Eric Pierpoint's first Trek appearance was on TNG. Here's what he's done on Trek:

1. Ambassador Voval in TNG's Liaisons
  2. Captain Sanders in DS9's For the Uniform
  3. Kortar in VOY's Barge of the Dead
  4. Shiraht in ENT's Rogue Planet
  5. Harris in ENT's Affliction, Divergence, Demons and Terra Prime