Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

The REAL reason MrPsychic lost his job........

Store employees put up with a lot of stuff. When jerks come into their store treating them like poop, there is a lot that goes through an employees mind they just can't just say without losing their jobs...

You are obviously smarter than me, so if YOU can't figure it out, what the hell makes you think I can?

No, sir, I'm not hard-of-hearing, neither am I stupid. You just don't speak good English.

Do you notice that your bad behaviour is embarrassing your wife?

Do you want me to go ahead and call the manager, or do you want me to wait till you're REALLY teed off?

I can tell you right now I'm not going to give you very good service, because I think you're drunk or possibly on drugs, and frankly, you scare the heck out of me.

No, sir, I can't do math in my head, but I can spell diarrhea.

I realize I'm ignoring you, but you're in here every three days with your bratty kid and you never buy anything you don't return.

Shame on you for using such language in front of your children.

You've been waiting 30 minutes? Why didn't you use the time to find it yourself?

If I were as smart as you THINK I should be, I'd be making a lot more money than I am now.

Don't complain about the long line and then fumble through your purse for 5 minutes when you finally have your order taken.

Ahhhh thanks for that tip chief...maybe I can make a freaking phone call now!

No, really, I want you to call me every day to ask what time we close when we are open 24 hours a day.

Please bring in your freaking dirty cans and bottles that are filled with cigarette butts, pee, cockroaches, ants.... And yes, you do have to put your nasty poop on a box, because ill be darned if I touch that.

Oh yes, please let me search out that item that we haven't had for eight years and then complain to me for a half hour about how we had it yesterday. We didn't...JERK!

Should I hand you the fries or shove them up your fat butt?

So you want a combo, but you want onion rings instead of fries, a steak instead of a burger, and you want a can of pop instead of fountain pop.....WELL IT AIN'T A FREAKING COMBO NO MORE!!!

Well now that you've ordered your large popcorn with extra butter and 2 large chocolate bars, I'm sure that the large DIET coke will really do you some good and cancel out the 10,000 calories you are about to eat while you sit on your BUTT and do nothing for the next two hours.

You're an idiot. So are your kids.

You know I am off work and yet you insist on motioning to me... Well for some reason I have gone blind and can't see you. Dink!

Maybe you should buy a full length mirror before buying all that junk food.

What the heck are you standing around staring at the menu for, dummy?!?!? We've had the same freaking menu for 25 years. Get the freaking quarter pounder!

Don't complain about the freaking line if you have had the past 15 minutes to get your money ready and your only now fumbling through your bottomless purse for money. Get organized you old, useless, inconsiderate, ungrateful, sack of doo doo.

We're closed dummy, that's why I didn't take your order when you pulled through my drive thru!

No I won't make your sandwich without pickles, you can eat what the rest of freaking America likes!

Will you get out of my store so that I may clean up your freaking mess, so that I can go home?

I don't mind helping you Sir/Madame, but please go home and take a BATH!!!

OK dummy, it was a choice of paper OR plastic. Not a combination thereof, just paper or (I'm trying to misspell a badword but can't)' plastic. Do you honestly think I care about the arse of your bags ripping?

No you moron, I don't work here! I'm only here because I like to wear this name tag, sweep floors and hang around 10 to 12 hours a day for the fun of it!

The food will never look like it does in the pictures. The food in the picture was plastic.

Read my log about me dealing with customers... I think the reason was that they had me watching sporting goods, and when they came back, I was smiling and polishing a shotgun I got out of the case.

From talking to Gary, when you are a store manager, you have more free reign. He got home tonight and said someone called and complained because their pizza wasn't there in half an hour, and that it was cold, and that whenever they called the local competitor, they got it there in 15 minutes, nice and hot. Gary offered to remake it, or refund the money, the person still complained. Gary told them finally, "Ya know, I like Roma's too. And you are right, their service is pretty good. Won't bother me if you get your pizza from there next time" and hung up. If I could have done that as a Customer Service Rep when I worked for Domino's that would have been awesome.

Read my log about me dealing with customers... I think the reason was that they had me watching sporting goods, and when they came back, I was smiling and polishing a shotgun I got out of the case.

:) :P :)

I know it is hard when dealing with customers, I try to be as polite as possible but sometimes I feel like screaming. :wallbash: Little kids always get under my feet, and start arguing amongst brothers and sisters. :) :) Why do some people, when looking for things, just think logically where they are? Most of the time, they are standing right next to the product...

My hearing doesn't help me and makes matters worse when it's busy and I've got 10 customers questions plus my supervisor picking me up on stupid mistakes. :P

Other than that, I love working with customers and staff. If all is going well to my schedule, I am cheerful. I'll walk past and smile and say "Good Morning, welcome to Somerfield". If it's a customer I recognise, I'll always chat. If there are little children in prams, I'll always try to make them laugh and cheer them up if they are crying. I take them for "rides" around the store. :)

It is hard work, but only you make it hard work. You applied for the job, you do the job. All customers are the same, and remember, we are customers ourselves sometimes!

:)

Do you notice that your bad behaviour is embarrassing your wife?

I can tell you right now I'm not going to give you very good service, because I think you're drunk or possibly on drugs, and frankly, you scare the heck out of me.

Shame on you for using such language in front of your children.

You've been waiting 30 minutes? Why didn't you use the time to find it yourself?

Don't complain about the long line and then fumble through your purse for 5 minutes when you finally have your order taken.

Oh yes, please let me search out that item that we haven't had for eight years and then complain to me for a half hour about how we had it yesterday. We didn't...JERK!

Should I hand you the fries or shove them up your fat butt?

So you want a combo, but you want onion rings instead of fries, a steak instead of a burger, and you want a can of pop instead of fountain pop.....WELL IT AIN'T A FREAKING COMBO NO MORE!!!

Well now that you've ordered your large popcorn with extra butter and 2 large chocolate bars, I'm sure that the large DIET coke will really do you some good and cancel out the 10,000 calories you are about to eat while you sit on your BUTT and do nothing for the next two hours.

You're an idiot. So are your kids.

What the heck are you standing around staring at the menu for, dummy?!?!? We've had the same freaking menu for 25 years. Get the freaking quarter pounder!

Don't complain about the freaking line if you have had the past 15 minutes to get your money ready and your only now fumbling through your bottomless purse for money. Get organized you old, useless, inconsiderate, ungrateful, sack of doo doo.

We're closed dummy, that's why I didn't take your order when you pulled through my drive thru!

No I won't make your sandwich without pickles, you can eat what the rest of freaking America likes!

Will you get out of my store so that I may clean up your freaking mess, so that I can go home?

The food will never look like it does in the pictures. The food in the picture was plastic.

:) :P :) TOO TRUE!!!! I currently work in food service....

"Umm, I am SURE you would not mind AT ALL to get some change right??? What was the total again? $9.74... I hope you need dimes and nickels most of all"

"Whaddaya mean you don't take American Express?!?!?!?! I came here with my family last night and paid with American Express!!"

To which I smile and motion for the customer to see the sign where it CLEARLY displays what cards we take, and Am Express is NOT one of them.

Some of them were oddly like what I dealt with as a coach as well.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I have worked with the public - my first job was under the Golden Arches - but I've also been a part of the public.

Sometimes as a shopper I'd like to ask?

Does anyone here speak English?

Can anyone here speak?

Did I wake you?

Why does it take five people to stand around staring to get one hamburger?

I gave you $5.03 because the order was $4.98 - I should get a nickel back instead of two pennies - do they teach this in school anymore?

Do you all have to stand there staring in space waiting for the previous order to be finish cooking before you start mine? Myabe I just want a soda.

If you would just finish my order - I could go home and you and the bagger can talk about last night's party without interruption.

Okay, I realize you don't know where anything is - or care - but could you possibly call someone that might?

Where can I get a job where I can talk on my cell phone while ignoring customers?

Yesterday evening I went into work to work on floor set and to supervise the "cashwrap" sections.

I was appaled by the service a "holiday" employee was giving to a "guest".

"Oh yeah, well we could look that up, but if they only have one or two on the search, it most likely means no, and so we've wasted everyones time".

:P

If the guest is looking for something and is willing to drive to another of our stores THAN DO IT!!! They are a "guest" because you are to treat them as you would a stranger in your home. :)

This woman had actually been wanting to get into our management program and when the store GM happened to ask me on my thoughts of her, about 30 minutes after this situation, I laid it out straight. I'm absolutely certain she won't be working with our company after holiday season is officially over at the end of January.

This is no reflection of you MP. Just an observation after reading what UH had written.

Some people just don't understand that to keep a business running, it's about how to please the customer. I'm embarrassed for those who keep apologizing to me for me doing something to meet their needs. That's why I have my job!!! To make the "guests" want to shop there again.

I gave you $5.03 because the order was $4.98 - I should get a nickel back instead of two pennies - do they teach this in school anymore?

Sounds a bit like a few customers that act so confused because I have habit of collecting pennies and if their bill comes to say to $4.98 (as per your example) I will add the 3 cents to the five they give me. I hand them a nickel back and explain that I had a couple pennies, and they hand me the nickel back and go "uhh, I gave you a five... this is too much change." I re-explain it and they leave with a very confused look on their face.

I pick on my coworkers sometimes because if they accidentally ring the wrong amount in they get confused and call a manager and a few of their friends over to try and figure it out.

For instance the bill is $3.38 and they are handed a $20, they oops ring in only $2. They freak out because they cannot make change, because they do not know how to count it up. If I am in earshot of it, I just walk over and go "This is really easy guys, put the pen and paper or the calculator away you REALLY do not need it... the change is $16.62 and this is how you count it up to confirm that" Then I will show them. Sometimes they thank me sometimes they all just roll their eyes.

(What can I say, my mom's side of the family owned a bakery and the cash register was a manual one... you had to count the change up yourself, no readout saying what the change is. It is REALLY simple.)

Where can I get a job where I can talk on my cell phone while ignoring customers?
I can name a few both high and low end stores that seem to allow their employees to do just that :) :P

(Nah not where I work, they have a policy that unless it is a MAJOR life changing/threatening situation you cannot use your cell phone while on the clock. True some try to break the rules, but usually end up getting busted)

I don't have to deal with customers at my new job. I just deal with making sure folks who aren't supposed to be at my place of employment aren't there. Security Supervisor, gotta love it. Any job where I can carry a concealed pistol is a good job in my book. But, I do feel for you who have to work in the commercial sector. I did that when I was a kid, and it sucked.

I tried to remain polite when I go to any store.

There was one time I worked at Subway. I told a customer, who phone in her order; it might get her order a few minutes late due to hokey game. She came at the time she said she was coming, but at that time I was just finishing her sandwich. She complain that it wasn't done fast enough for her and she would complain to the owner. She also said that she would not come back. The next day the owner told don't worry about it, because if she can't wait a minute or two she is not worth the effort. She also came back 2 months late. I had some else make her sandwich until I joined the Navy.

I told two customers off today...

1. I was putting out the bread, with later dates at the back, and earlier at the front. My supervisor told me to have a break once it's been tidied up. :) The customer pulled all the earlier dates off, scattered them across the floor, picked up some later dates, swore at me because there was only one left, and pushed everyone out of his way. :P :) I ignored him, but my supervisor found he had a later date than I was putting out, so I said politely, "Excuse me, Sir, I believe you have a product we cannot sell, could I please replace it with this?" He swore at me again and pushed everyone, including an old lady and a young man on crutches; who yelled in pain; "Please leave the store. I, other members of staff and the customers will not tolerate this STUPID RUDE BEHAVIOUR".

2. Again, putting out the bread, customers got under my feet all day long. One man stood right in front of me texting on his phone, and when asked by 5 members of staff, he still ignored and would not move. He actually started leaning on the shelf. So I said slowly, loudly, looking at him so he could lip-read, "Sir, I am TRYING to put the bread out, could you PLEASE step aside?" He didn't, so after struggling round him, he tripped over my foot stool. :) I gave him no sympathy. :)

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

Idiots... can't we just send them all to one state and leave them there?

Then we'd have no custom at all...

There are people that are stupid then there are people that are idiots. Stupid people happen on and off while idiots are for life. Everyone can be stupid, but the people that keep being stupid are the idiots.

There are people that are stupid then there are people that are idiots. Stupid people happen on and off while idiots are for life. Everyone can be stupid, but the people that keep being stupid are the idiots.

True, true... :yes: