Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Movie night at the Phaserman Residence...

Well, Folks, it's the first ever Movie Night here at Casa De Phaserman, and on the docket tonight are two of the new-classics about Epic Battles in American History. First on the list of two is Gods and Generals, a mastrerful account of the key battles during the first half of the American Civil War. StarringRobert Duvall ("General Robert E. Lee"), Stephen Lang ("Lt. General Thomas J. 'Stonewall' Jackson"), and Jeff Daniels ("Col. Joshua Chamberlain"), it recounts the crucial battles of 1st Manassas (1st Bull Run for you Yankees out there), Fredericksburg, and Chancellorsville.

Second, and coming up in about 45 minutes or so after the conclusion of Gods and Generals, is the Vietnam War movie We Were Soldiers. a movie starring Mel Gibson as Colonel Hal Moore, commander of one of the first "Air Cav" units. The movie covers the training his men recieve, and also the battle at El Zee X-Ray in the Ia Drang Valley. Great Movies, all.

So, what's on the list for YOUR movie night?

Edited by Jim Phaserman

I've seen both, Gods and Generals wasn't as good as I'd have liked it to be. If you want to see a really good Civil War movie watch Gettysburg. It's long but really good.

We Were Soldiers was really good, and based on a true story if I recall correctly.

These past two weeks, I've been renting movies at Blockbuster and yesterday I rented Van Helsing, going to watch it today. The last three I rented before yesterday were

Finding Neverland

Underworld

Sin City

all good. Anyway, I guess Van Helsing would be my movie night