Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

"Codec Trouble": In Need of Technical Help

Dilemma: I've recently downloaded the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode: “Daddy-O”, through the BitTornado programme. It plays quite accordingly upon the computer, but when I transfer it onto disc and play it on a different computer: it only plays the audio portion of the .avi file.

How to rectify this error will be..?

I'm not an expert but your other computer might not have the codec that allows .avi files to play properly downloaded on it. You can download the DivX codec here. I may be out to lunch on this and if I am I'm sure one of our computer geeks will correct me.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Follow this link to get a all in one codec pack..FREE...it opens and plays every file type,i have been using it for months :blink:

All codecs

The file works now*, although I'm wondering if there's a way to ensure that the file transferred onto disc won't require the other programmes to have it play properly.

*Used K-Lite Codecs Pack from the site Hangon provided. :blink:

B) I am glad the program worked for you DrWho42....it should'nt be any problem if you have burned the file to disk...most good quality media players will play AVI, i recomend "Real player 10" it has just about every codec built in to it..(you can get the cracked copy from bittorrent.)

If you play the disc in your own computer the codec's will start up the moment you click play....another little trick is paste'ing the codecs into the media file or film you wish to burn... :blink: