Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

Impetigo

I wondered if anyone here can help me. I have an allergy to nickel and my socks had bits of nickel thread on the pattern. It's given me itchy blisters, and now it has developed into a inflamed red excema- like rash and it oozes out orange crispy liquid.

How on earth can I stop it? I'm in agony!

Ouch Cara, I hope what AE suggested helps.

I had a big problem with some earrings when I was little, but I do not remember what medicines were used on it or if it had gotten anywhere as bad as you are describing. I cannot easily wear gold plated jewelry, and nickel plated irritates almost as bad. Though when I wear a nickel plated ring it starts the irritation by turning the skin near & under the ring bright green, and then the skin itches a lot and the skin peels off. With my ears.. it just gets really inflamed, and causes some pain.

Well I can wear gold and silver sometimes but once, when I was younger, I had a reaction to the button on my jeans. It started with blisters, then they popped and spread to impetigo. I scratched the scabs off and it turned t o an open wound of orange crispy jelly across my stomach. I couldn't move, I had months off school.

Well I can wear gold and silver sometimes but once, when I was younger, I had a reaction to the button on my jeans. It started with blisters, then they popped and spread to impetigo. I scratched the scabs off and it turned t o an open wound of orange crispy jelly across my stomach. I couldn't move, I had months off school.

Ouch.

Hopefully you will not have to go through it that violently again this time of course with your feet. Are they improving any?

They are, in fact, improving. Last night, after rubbing SudoCrem on my ankles, they have now gone dried up. Picture cystalised brown sugar, then picture it all over your ankles on both legs.

They are, in fact, improving. Last night, after rubbing SudoCrem on my ankles, they have now gone dried up. Picture cystalised brown sugar, then picture it all over your ankles on both legs.

oh, ok. It is great to hear that it is clearing up :(

Edited by Yillara_Skye

Oh my. The worst I ever had was an ingrown toenail that got infected.

Oddly enough, I healed it with only sea salt. No web site I looked at said anything about using salt, but it worked well, and it was not painful at all.

But that does not apply to you...

this maybe helpful if it has not healed yet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_dermatitis#Treatment

It's scabbed up now, but underneath on some places there's new impetigo...but most of it has dried now :blink: