Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Medicare D - Arrgghhhhh

Yes

One thing seniors do not need is making their lives more complicated. We went with Aetna Gold. They seemed to be the most helpful.

Yes, I had to work with getting my mother registered for Meidcare D. It has been extremely frustrating and confusing.

Currently my mother is living with me, but her official residence is Indiana. The person I talked to originally said I should get plans availble in the state in which I currently reside. I sent off for the paperwork, and fortuneately everything looked so unfamiliar that I called back ( this is weeks later), and they said I should register her where her legal residence was.

So we went with going through a telephone registration process, and everything is now supposed to be set up for the change. ( The last time we waited for paperwork to come through the mail, 5 to 7 business days turned into almost three weeks! My uncle has yet to receive anything.)

She had alredy had a prescription benefit through the retirement she receives from being my father's widow.

Now we have to wait and see what all this does. We are nervous and, and have relatives waiting for that new medicare card to come in the mail, in Indiana.

What about the seniors who are alone? How are they going to get though this mess?

mj, are you aware that she does not have to get rid of the retirement plan?

Her retirement plan required her to registerfor Meidicare D. They started the whole ball rolling. There are changes coming because of what the government is doing. All I know is that we have done all the registering that they have asked us to do..... :assimilated: I think.

Her retirement plan required her to registerfor Meidicare D. They started the whole ball rolling. There are changes coming because of what the government is doing. All I know is that we have done all the registering that they have asked us to do..... :assimilated: I think.

I am sorry to learn that. According to the Aetna meating I attended, some retirement plans did not require the change. I guess it depended on the plan.

Her retirement plan required her to registerfor Meidicare D. They started the whole ball rolling. There are changes coming because of what the government is doing. All I know is that we have done all the registering that they have asked us to do..... B) I think.

I am sorry to learn that. According to the Aetna meating I attended, some retirement plans did not require the change. I guess it depended on the plan.

That was indeed the case. And while I was home I talked to the relative who had initially warned us about the changes. He insisted that I make one more call to be in compliance, and sure enough, he was right.

After registering for Meidicare D we had to officially inform her old plan. They are moving to a status of secondary provider, with Medicare being the primary provider. The alternative they offered to people who did not register for Medicare D was termination.

Now, we ARE, completely done with this registration process.