Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Navy is whippin' Army...

Navy (USNA) leads 28-10 over Army (USMA) with 10:00 left in the 3rd Quarter.

Navy is over 300 yards rushing so far. Yes, 300 yards on the ground.

GO NAVY!

Well Navy won. YAY! I'm usually not that into the Army - Navy game, but earlier this year I went to West Point and took a guided tour. The tour guide just went on and on about wanting everyone to say Go Army and beat Navy. It rankled me and I have been hoping for a Navy victory. Plus Navy is going to a bowl game. Take that you gung ho tour guide! :angry:

Edited by trekz

I don't even watch Army-Navy football anymore.

:P

Does Army even try to win this game?

It's embarrassing. :angry:

Does Army even try to win this game?

It's embarrassing. :angry:

The Army has more pressing (Military) concerns at the present time so I can excuse them.

Well, this is the Service Academies, not a select group of active duty personnel, so I'd cut them some slack on the Military concerns. These players aren't yet active duty Officers. They will be soon, though.

By the way, interesting note for those who were wondering: the patches worn on the player's uniforms represent a specific unit presently serving in combat.

Well, this is the Service Academies, not a select group of active duty personnel, so I'd cut them some slack on the Military concerns. These players aren't yet active duty Officers. They will be soon, though.

By the way, interesting note for those who were wondering: the patches worn on the player's uniforms represent a specific unit presently serving in combat.

Come on, give me something here... lol Besides any good Soldier has to get a backhanded insult in to you Navy pukes (my implication was that the Navy didn't have "military" concerns :P )

Even though they lost...

Go Army, Beat Navy! :angry:

The rivalry shows...VBG's comment shows why it is that Army-Navy is the biggest rivalry in history. Since my brother is a Marine, and my husband and brother in law are Navy, I must say it..

GO NAVY!

The rivalry shows...VBG's comment shows why it is that Army-Navy is the biggest rivalry in history. Since my brother is a Marine, and my husband and brother in law are Navy, I must say it..

GO NAVY!

I was talking to my mother a week or so ago and she said "You should have gone in the Navy when you were 19, then you might have been stationed in Norfolk all that time."

I had to explain to her that it was a huge insult to tell a Soldier that he should have joined the Navy lol

Of course everyone should understand that the Army-Navy rivalry between Soldiers and Sailors is all in good fun, the Army respects the Navy and looks at Sailors as "Brothers and Sisters in Arms" and I'm sure the same is true in reverse.

Rest assured, if any civilians or enemies were to attack the Navy the Army would come to it's rescue :angry: