Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Voyager's Future Technology

Why do you all think happened to the shield-amor and mutliphasic torpedoes that Voyager brought from the future? We didn't see them on the Enterprise-E in Nemesis, so we know they aren't being used.

Personally, I think they technology has been bothballed until needed. What about you?

I think it will be kept classified until the timeline catches up to when they were originally invented. Do you know when that was, exactly?

I think it will be kept classified until the timeline catches up to when they were originally invented. Do you know when that was, exactly?

Agreed, either that or they're still not sure about it and making sure it's safe, testing it ect.

As for when it was built, they never said. But it was while Voyager was still in the Delta Quardrant I think. :(

Stardate:213537.7

I think the temporal Prime Directive would apply to this situation.Unless surivial of the federation is at stake and thats thier last defense(cause I belive section 31 would make use of it if need be)then that technology will be kept hidden until it was originaly invented.

Stardate:213537.7

I think the temporal Prime Directive would apply to this situation.Unless surivial of the federation is at stake and thats thier last defense(cause I belive section 31 would make use of it if need be)then that technology will be kept hidden until it was originaly invented.

I agree with you, it does make sense.

:laugh:Section 31, has it and will keep it under wraps until needed. Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell them I told you. :lol:

Some people, on other boards I visit, seem to think that the future guys from the 29th century would have stolen the technology to repair the timeline. I however, say this can't happen.

2377: Voyager passes the nebula.

2403: Admiral Janeway travels back to 2377

2377: Admiral Janeway arrives from the future and gets Voyager home early.

29th Century: "Relativity"

With this said, the 29th century would be the future of the alterred timeline, so if they went back to remove the future tech, there's no telling how much the timeline would change.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this.

Do you disagree?

There would be several theories on this matter:

What I call the Voyage Home theory: "How do ye no he didn't invent the bloody thing...?"

When Scotty gives the glass manufacturer the equation for transparent aluminium.

The Temporal Prime Directive theory: This is from the future. We should keep it hidden until someone invents it.

The Henry Starling Theory: Because this came back in time, it was analysed and sparked off new technology that led to its original development

Destroy it! - like the future ship in Enterprise (which would leave questions over the mobile emitter inanswered if the Dr could keep it)

Send it back. Time Travel should not be a problem considering how easy it was for the Enterprise E to zoom back at the end of First Contact

There would be several theories on this matter:

What I call the Voyage Home theory: "How do ye no he didn't invent the bloody thing...?"

When Scotty gives the glass manufacturer the equation for transparent aluminium.

The Temporal Prime Directive theory: This is from the future. We should keep it hidden until someone invents it.

The Henry Starling Theory: Because this came back in time, it was analysed and sparked off new technology that led to its original development

Destroy it! - like the future ship in Enterprise (which would leave questions over the mobile emitter inanswered if the Dr could keep it)

Send it back. Time Travel should not be a problem considering how easy it was for the Enterprise E to zoom back at the end of First Contact

I'd like to comment on your theories. :lol:

1. What I call the Voyage Home theory: I agree on your Voyage Home theory, how do we know that the engineers who anylise it weren't the same ones who invented it in the previous timeline? :laugh:

2. The Temporal Prime Directive theory: I deffinately agree with you here! :lol:

3. The Henry Starling Theory: What you just described is a paradox. Personally, I would think that this technology that would spark off technology even more advanced than what Admiral Janeway had in 2403 of the previous timeline.

4. Destroy it! I think Section 31 would prevent this. :lol:

5. Send it back. If they sent it back, wouldn't they be sending it to a different future than the one experrience by the future Admiral Janeway? You know, this is indeed a good idea. They could find a small Starfleet ship with an officer with no ties to the present and have him take the ship, with the future technology, and set coarse for 2403. 2403 comes arround a 2nd time, and there ship from 26 years ago shows up, right on schedule. This way, the timeline remains intact. :lol:

I think that the Star Trek production team should write out a technical manual for time travel with rules and explanations to be folowed to mantain consistency in episodes and to give writers a basis on which to centre their stories, where time travel is involved.

Agreed, prometheus. :laugh:

Here's a question: What happens to the Holo-Doc's mobile emitter? Captain Braxton at the end of "Future's End" didn't bother to retrieve it, nor did the Relativity in "Relativity". Does this mean they don't consider it enough of a "contaminate" in the timeline to retrieve? Does this mean that Starfleet could study it and not have to worry about the Temporal Prime Directive?

Maybe the Relativity looked into the future and saw that by leaving the emitter, no harm would be done. But then again, can they do that? Maybe it was an oversight? A reward for their help? Remember the drone 'One' that was created from the emitter. There was a potential damaging consequence of the emitter. Iamgine if One had've joined the Borg Collective. New 29th Century Borg. All from one little emitter!!!

I thought voyager invented it to fight the borg in the futre. (still in the delta quadrant) however because admiral janway came back and got them back the the alpha quadrant so they skipped most of there journey was it actually invented.

Time travel hurts my head so i try not to think about it to much. :unsure:

I believe that the technology was used specifically for the episode of Endgame, yes the tech was used before Admiral Janeway came to rescue VOY (That was still in the Delta Quadrant), but we need to take consideration that while they were traveling in that space tunnel thingy, their shielding went down (I believe). I think that Admiral Janeway and Captain Janeway thought it would be best not to keep record of how to construct the technology to perserve the timeline as if VOY never met the species 2403.

:bow: Bel Ami :)

Edited by Syperphobia

Personally, I think it'll end up getting reverse engineered despite the Temporal Prime Directive. :dude:

I agree, but it takes time for something to be reversed engineered, so the Enterprise-E may not have been upgraded yet and the other ships in the fleet.