Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Man, I'm A Movie Full Weekend

HBO and Showtime are having a free preview this weekend with all of their channels showing for free. There are a ton of movies coming on I can't wait to see that I haven't seen yet. Some of the movies coming on I plan to watch this weekend are

Anchorman: Legend of Ron Burgundy (just watched it 30 min ago, pretty good :P )

I, Robot

Cat in the Hat

Big Fish (Tim Burton film, enough said :laugh: )

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Punisher

Spanglish

50 First Dates

Secret Window

Stepford Wives

Godsend

Troy

Leprechaun: Back 2 Da Hood

Imagine: John Lennon

SharkTale

Collateral

Day After Tomorrow

Gothika

The Manchurian Canidate

so I got my weekend booked a full lol, I can't wait. I love movies! It feels like I went to Blockbuster and bought myself a ton of movies. I love it!

Anchorman: Legend of Ron Burgundy- One of the funniest movies I've ever seen

I, Robot- Great movie

Cat in the Hat- Very funny too

Big Fish- Great movie

The Punisher- Awesome movie!

50 First Dates- Good movie

Stepford Wives- SUCKED

Leprechaun: Back 2 Da Hood- Haven't seen it but I know it will suck

SharkTale- Pretty cool

Collateral- Great movie

Day After Tomorrow- Awesome movie

Gothika- One of the only movies that have scared me

I just finished watching I, Robot for the first time and I thought it was excellent, especially the last 45 minutes of the film. It had action, drama and a lot of emotion. It was nice to see good ol' James Cromwell (Zefram Cochrane) in the film.

That makes two movies down and a bunch to go :laugh:

Since I don't know your tastes in movies I can't really say what you might or might not like but IMO Secret Window is a movie you could live without - not Depp's finest film. Troy was boring to me and The Day After Tomorrow wasn't as bad as some people say but it was very predictable.

I loved Big Fish but if you're looking forward to it because it is Tim Burton you might be disappointed - it was different but didn't really seem like a Tim Burton movie

Just finished watching it and Big Fish is one of the best movies I have seen recently. This is a great drama/fantasy film that almost had me in tears more than once while I watched it. Ewan McGregor and the others did a fantastic in this film. It was good to see Steve Buscimi in the film as well, since I’m a fan of his.

Like always, the scenery and the places that the story took place in looked amazing, almost like a fairy tale world within the mind of Tim Burton. This fit in well for this story since the entire film is like watching a modern day fairy tale come to life. I was very surprised with how good this movie was, this has definitely become one of my favorite movies that I have seen recently.

I love all genres;drama, comedy and horror being in my top three. I love tear jerker dramas

Finished watching "The Punisher" and I have to say I love it as well. It has to be one of the most realistic out of all of the popular comic books. A man getting revenge for the death of his family, it is a very possible thing that could happen in real life. This movie brings it with action and drama. As you watch Castle’s family die, you feel the rage that Frank is feeling at the time, only waiting until the bad guys meet their certain end.

John Travolta, as usual, is fantastic in this film as the main villain. Everyone on here is great in their role. You cheer for the hero, and you can’t wait to see the bad guys die. It takes great acting to pull emotion like that out of an audience and it does that perfectly.

I’m also a fan of and own the original movie "The Punisher" and I have to say that the 2004 movie, while I love the original, is my favorite between the two. It has more of a background of who Frank is and why he wears the skull T-shirt, which he didn’t do in the original movie.

The Punisher is great. Even though when he first appeared in Marvel Comics, his character was sort of lame (and a total psycho).

He always reminded me of Mack Bolan (I was a Bolan fanatic as a teenager....I must've read hundreds of his paperbacks).

Same basic story. Vietnam vet, family killed by mafia, takes revenge, becomes an outlaw, etc....

Mack Bolan and Frank Castle even look identical.

Haven't seen Punisher's movie yet, though.