Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Trivia Session 3

Trivia Session 3

Q1: Genesis was a method of what . . .?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Terraforming

Q2: Finish The Quote: ______ is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: *Truth* is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Of course that is from our good friend from DS9 named Garak. He is one of my favorite characters of that show.

Q3: When electron pairs are shared equally between two atoms, what is the bond called?

Hint: It is one of the following: ionic, covalent, polar convent, coordinate covalent, metallic, van der Waals forces, or hydrogen bonding

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Covalent

Q4: Finish The Quote: Some days you get the bear, and ________.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Some day you get the beat, and *some days the bear gets you*.

Q5: Name this person: Dax’s fifth host

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Torias

Sisko of course found out that after Torias’s injury the host was placed into Joran Belar. When we find out that Joran Belear was the host after Torias we also find out that the actual ratio of who could be joined to a host is actually 1 in 2. (Remember me asking that question?)

Q6: Name this person: Dax’s first host

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Lela

Q7: What is the most active nonmetallic element?

Hint: It is a halogen. The name of it comes from flow

Hint: Starts with a F

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Fluorine (F)

Q8: What is the most abundant of all metals in earth’s crust?

Hint: It is a lightweight metallic

Click for Spoiler:

Answers: aluminum (Al)

Q9: Finish The Quote: You choose your enemies . . .you choose your friends . . . but ________ . . . that’s in the stars.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: You choose your enemies . . .you choose your friends . . . but *family* . . . that’s in the stars.

Q10: What does IKS stand for?

Hint: Klingons

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Imperial Klingon Ship

Q11: 7 mod 4 = what?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: 3

Q12: What is the name of Worf’s foster brother?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Nikolai Rozhenko

Q13: Name this person: Neelix’s sister

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Alixia

Q14: Finish The Quote: _______ is a dish best served cold.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: *Revenge* is a dish best served cold

Q15: Name this person: Spock’s paternal great-grandfather

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Solkar

Q16: Name this person: Quark’s nephew

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Nog

Q17: Who said this for a joke: I gave him his career. Leonard owes me so much that it’s uncountable by anybody else but me. I’m counting.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: William Shatner, LOL

I love to watch those behind the scenes where Shatner is joking and teasing Leonard -Saying that he taught him everything he knows and all of that. He has a good sense of humor. I like Shatner a lot. I don’t completely know why some people in this community don’t like him.

He has his own message board. One time someone asked what do you do when you are board . . . (this question was asked to everyone there and not directly to Bill, but he gave a reply):

I am having trouble remembering the last time I was bored. You must realize that I'm alone with myself which is endlessly fascinating! My best, Bill

Here is another one:

The Convention was great fun as always. Leonard was hysterical, too. And I don't mean funny! My best, Bill

I saw another one, but I can’t find it . .. . He talked about what his fear is - he said that his greatest fear would be if he was left alone in a room with Leonard.

LOL (Of course he is just joking. From what I have seen in Trek News and from what I have seen in interviews and so on it seems like they are best friends. . . . Leonard said in an interview that they see each other a lot)

Q18: What episode of TNG is where the Borg are actually seen?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: QWho

Not a he -- not a she. Not like anything you’ve ever seen. An enhanced humanoid.

Q19: Who said - Don’t call me tiny . . . .

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Sulu

The actor that plays Sulu at first did not want to say that he was -tiny- and he was very insistent on that fact. However, once he did it he told management that he was wrong. And as you know that line turns out to be one of the best in ST III

Q20: What is the model developed by the ISO? . . . (It is model describing how information travels on a computer network)?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: OSI model (Open System Interconnection)

Yes, it is the ISO OSI model! (LOL) Like I said it is a model of standards and protocols on how information travels on a computer network.

Q21: List all the layers of the OSI model. (7 total)

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Physical, Data Link, Network, Transport, Session, Presentation, & Application

Physical talks about when the data actually travels in the media

Data Link talks about the MAC address and its linkage between the layers above it

Network asks the question -HOW AM I GOING TO GET TO POINT B-?

Transport makes sure that everything gets to Point B

Session opens a session or connection

Presentation translates the data you want to send in computer language

Application is the layer that we are on now

Q22: What is the difference between ARP and RARP?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: If a sending device knows the IP address of the destination host but not the MAC address, then ARP finds the MAC address. RARP is the opposite. If we know the MAC but not the IP . . .

Q23: How many bits are in a byte?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: 8 bits are in one byte

Q24: Translate: The word Klingonese (the Klingon language) to Klingonese

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: tlhIngan Hol

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I think we had fun. I enjoyed myself.

However, the session’s history is lost. Next time I will really make sure that we get that.(Don’t worry I’ll repeat that a few times in my head - lol)

I will be nice and give everyone that was in there 15 points.

Just reply here (to remind me) if you were there and want those 15 points.

Master Q

I was there and and I had a great time, it was fun for me. I would like to have 15 points added to my point total. Thank you very much Master Q! :laugh:

I was there. I had a great time too. I would like 15 points added to my point count too. Thankyou very much, master_q.

:clap:Who? What? Where? I've been so many places that if it wasn't for the dots I'd be lost. So, If it's lost how will I remember? :laugh: :huh:

:clap:Who? What? Where? I've been so many places that if it wasn't for the dots I'd be lost. So, If it's lost how will I remember? :huh:  :laugh:

It's not a post, we were in the chat room :clap:

I know that we had a few more people in the chat room

So, if you want credit (meaning you want your points), then please reply in this topic.

(Just a reminder)

Master Q

I'm so sad. I really wanted to join, but I had a problem with getting the chat room to work for me, and the first time I was able to get in wasn't until monday :bow:

I'll definately come for the next one though!!! I can't wait! It sounds really fun from what I hear!

If anyone is still having difficulties getting into the chat room, then I recommend that you look over the FAQ. If you do that and still can’t get in, then I would suggest giving a PM to Ddillard

Master Q