Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Cavities

How do you know if you have a cavity? I have a tooth, and in between this tooth and another, there is a ragged edge. Now, it don't hurt to touch or when i apply pressure, and there doesn't seem to be a hole.. but, i was just wondering how you would know if you have a cavity.

If you think that you have a cavity go to the dentist.

Edited by Odie

It is much cheaper to fix them when they start if you wait could involve a root canal. Very exspensive and some what painful. :lol:

Yes, but I'm 90% certain my situation does not yet warrant a root canal.

And it's not that I'm purposely procrastinating either. I'm currently putting away money to visit the dentist. Budgeting for it, I am.

THat ragged edge may be a cavity, so it is best to let the dentist check it out. When it gets to the point of pain, more than likely you have nerves that are exposed.

I have had a few cavities, not a ridiculous amount. But the four I have had filled (at age 7, 10, and 16), I did not even notice pain at all. The dentist noticed the problem, not me.

I have had one more recently that kinda was more noticeable, but since it is so far back in my jaw it is kinda difficult to work with. Even for a dentist :lol:. My jaw is kinda small, and not a lot of room in it for all my teeth. THey are not messed up or anything, but flossing can be a pain in the rear... even with using the easy glide wax floss.

I have had exactly one cavity, and it was discovered by my dentist less than a year ago. I had to get a filling, but it was real cool because my dentist used a camera and the computer screen he had in the room to show me the actual cavity. It was very obvious, and in early stages of decay.

Go to the dentist!

I will ASAP.. stoopid canadian healthcare.. it only covers dental when your put into the hospital because of it.. So, i'm either gonna

A) wait for my mum to get money

:lol: wait for my mum to get dental coverage from her job (if they even offer it)

c) get my mum to talk to the doctor about financing... :lol:

d) just brush everyday and wait until i can go in to hte dentist.