Sign in to follow this  
Krissy Phaserman

Adios, TO!

this is probably old news but I just heard about it now. The Iggles are going to suspend Terrible Owens for 4 games, then deactivate him for the remainder of the season. I guess being a major pain in the Tail Feathers to the coach and your fellow players wasn't such a grand idea, was it? A pity, too, I was looking forward to seeing someone put a real good hit on him at some point.

I'm greatly dissappointed in the way things turned out though I am 100% behind the Eagles in their decision. It's a shame really, he's such a great talent but he's a total head case. I saw this coming though, back in March I got 2 authentic Jerseys. A Green #5 (McNabb) and a white #81 (Owens) (Later I got a black #5 and a Black #93).

After having my white #81 for about 3 days he started his contract dispute and seeing the writing on the wall I put the #81 jersey up for auction and when it sold I bought the black #5 Jersey to replace it. I hadn't even taken the tags off it when it all started so I was lucky that I was still able to sell it as "brand new".

Anyway, you have to wonder about his mental state. He had the entire Philadelphia fan base in love with him after the Super Bowl, he stood to make millions in endorsements and if he had done things "behind closed doors" I bet the Eagles would have given him a new contract. Instead he decided to completely trash one of the most popular players on the team (as well as in the NFL) and trash one of the most respected teams and coaching staffs in the NFL.

He has tarnished his image so badly now that he will never get the huge contract that he so lusted for and I seriously doubt that he will ever be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame now. On top of all that his suspension will cost him at least $800,000 in salary and there was a clause in his contract that said that if he was suspended for more then 1 game the team had the right to take back a very large portion of his signing bonus, which is $1.07 million. So not only will he never get the huge contract and not only does he lose out on the endorsements but he will lose almost $2 million in cash!

Real smart Terrell, real smart! :laugh:

TotalAccess.wvx

91Yards.wvx

I have absolutely no doubt that some desperate team in need of help (PLEASE don't let it be the Ravens) will pick him up just like the Eagles did. They will say something like..."as long as he produces, we can overlook some minor things". Thats what the Eagles said when they took him.

Next Question :laugh:

WHO SAW THE "pRESS cONFERENCE" I think if I had the same agent as TO and saw how he handled the press, I would look for a new agent

God I hate TO, he is why I rooted for New England last year in the Super Bowl

Anyone remember the last big comment he made before he got "Canned"? "If Brett Favre was our Quarterback, we'd be undefeated"...Which may mean that he'll be calling up Ol' Country Time to see if the Packers could use him. As much as I think Green Bay needs a good WR, Packers fans just won't deal with TO. He'd get run out of town.

TO's press conference was hilarious. His agent should have advised him to speak from the heart (if he was truly sincere) instead of reading from a prepared text that he obviously didn't write........ :laugh:

Drew Rosenhouse is worse, I think, than TO. Why? because he encourages the arrogance that players like TO are known for. Hell, when the saved that kid from drowning, ya know what he said? He said "The amazing thing was that I put my cell phone down. I never do that". Great guy, huh?

Anyone remember the last big comment he made before he got "Canned"? "If Brett Favre was our Quarterback, we'd be undefeated"...Which may mean that he'll be calling up Ol' Country Time to see if the Packers could use him. As much as I think Green Bay needs a good WR, Packers fans just won't deal with TO. He'd get run out of town.

That was actually Michael Irvin that made the statement but Ownes agreed to it. It's funny actually becuase what's Favre's record this year? He isn't undefeated.

As for other teams taking him, it will happen. He is the most talented WR in the game today, he just has serious mental issues that cloud his judgment. He will become a "rent-a-player" for 1 to 2 seasons per team for the next 4 or 5 years and then he'll be gone.

well I wouldn't take a chance with TO he's a 30something WR with mental issues, you know he will just blow up again

I guess Micheal Vick, John Lynch, and most surprising of all, RANDY MOSS all said they had reservations about playing with TO. Vick and Lynch don't surprise me. I'd never group them in the same group as TO (IE Loud, Obnoxious, just like his agent), but Randy Moss I would. So, I guess it says something when RANDY says something about not being so sure about having TO as a Team Mate...I guess he's destined for Obscurity...