Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Threshold Possibly Moving To New Night

From TrekWeb.com:

CBS is expected to announce a time slot change for Brannon Braga's THRESHOLD, the alien invasion drama currently airing Friday nights at 9 o'clock. According to The Futon Critic, THRESHOLD will swap with another of CBS's freshman series, CLOSE TO HOME.

That will put THRESHOLD on Tuesdays at 10pm November 22nd and 29th. No word yet on whether the change will be permanent but the network is hoping to energize both series' soft ratings, according to the report. THRESHOLD has averaged 7.80 million viewers so far and CLOSE TO HOME has averaged 9.93 million. Both series have yet to be picked up for the full 2005/2006 season.

I'm not quite sure if I like this new time slot for Threshold. It would be up against Law & Order: SVU and Boston Legal.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Yeah, that really isn't a great timeslot. I hope it doesn't sink Threshold because it is starting to get really good. The last two episodes have been fantastic.

I haven't watched it because it was opposite Atlantis. This new time slot doesn't help me because it'll be opposite Boston Legal..I won't miss Boston Legal for it..Hmmmm.. :drool:

why? i liked it on friday night. and now for at least two weeks i'll have to switch between threshold and boston legal just like i did on friday between atlantis and threshold. i'd then watch all of atlantis when it was repeated at midnight. why can't networks leave things alone?

tm :drool:

This will ether give new life to the show or kill it. I kind of see why they are moving it as on fridays it is up aganst anouther scifi show as well as playing right after one. Now on Tuesday it will be with crime shows but very big ones so I have no clue if this will help or not but I think it will help the other show as it is too much like the two shows it was compeating with on Tuesday. If that makes any sence.

It is now official. Threshold will be seen on Tuesday nights on November 22 and 29. HOWEVER we won't be seeing Threshold between now and November 22. Close to Home will be seen on Friday nights starting on November 11. Threshold won't be seen on November 8 because of a 2 hour Amazing Race episode and on November 15 because of the CMAs.

I hope the Tuesday night timeslot works better for Threshold. I like L&O:SVU but season 7 has been disappointing to me. This season hasn't met the standard set by a very good season 6. As for Boston Legal, I can only take that in small doses. I'll be watching Threshold on Tuesdays when it is on.