Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

George Takei is Gay

George is gay? Hmmm. Well I wonder how all the Christian Star Trek fans will react. I'm bisexual so of course I don't mind at all. I met him once at a convention and he was a nice guy...and funny.

I'm a christain and I'm glad he's happy. I don't like that lifestyle, but I respect it, and tolorate it.

George is gay? Hmmm. Well I wonder how all the Christian Star Trek fans will react. I'm bisexual so of course I don't mind at all. I met him once at a convention and he was a nice guy...and funny.

I'm a christain and I'm glad he's happy. I don't like that lifestyle, but I respect it, and tolorate it.

I'm a Christian, too, and it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. My brother-in-law is gay (and it is a huge loss to women, 'cuz he looks just like Kevin Bacon) and he's completely happy with who he is and so is everyone in the family.

I'm glad that Takei has lived long enough to enjoy the more relaxed environment that exists today...how horrible to live in shame over something you had no control over.

God bless him.

As a Christian I would like to say that it isn't our place to judge. Many people have their own personal opinions and always want to use the Bible to attack others when in reality we truly don't know what the end result will be. Interpretations of the Bible could be used to benefit one group of people but then used to attack another group of people. I'm pretty certain that God did not intend the Bible to be used as a tool to hurt or cause prejudices. God's love is unlimited and only on that final day when we stand before the presence of God will we be judged for who we are and what we chose to do with our lives. God knows our hearts and its intentions. So whether you are Gay, Straight, Bi, Latino, Black, White or Asian it shouldn't matter, because the ONE thing that the bible teaches us through the examples of Jesus is to Love one another- that means accepting with out prejudice. It isn't our place to judge.

On a Personal Note: I enjoyed George's acting abilities, I thought he did a great job bringing Sulu to life for us in Star Trek. I've also enjoyed his other performances outside of trek too. My opinion is he's not the only one in Hollywood that's gay and his personal life should not affect how we view the guy.

For example, I often get looked down for studying the occult and the parnormal studies. But I am a christian, Methodist to be more exact. I don't agree with that lifestyle, but as the post stated above we must learn to love one another regardess of our differences. George Takei, to me is a brillant man who had a lot of guts to come out. Especially in a society, were it is accepted, but to a certain degree. There will always be people who will try and bring it up, and the strong person that he is should it matter what his sexual prefence is?

I wonder how the other cast members felt about it? Or did some of them did not know at all?

Takei called in to the Howard Stern show the other day. Heres a recap:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
OUT OF THE CLOSET SULU

George Takei, the actor who played Sulu on “Star Trek” and who recently made his homosexuality public, called in to talk to Howard. George explained that although he just announced his homosexuality to the world, he has been with his partner, Brad, for 18 years and that his friends and family have known for quite a while. George also mentioned that he never kept his homosexuality a secret and that he and Brad presented themselves as a couple whenever they went out.

TERMINATOR TRIGGERS ANNOUNCEMENT

After noting that he never pleasured himself to any “Star Trek” cast members and that he finds George Clooney to be the most attractive man in Hollywood today, George commented that Arnold Schwarzenegger was the main reason he decided to go public with his news. George explained that, while Arnold was running for governor of California, he spoke positively about gay rights. However, George mentioned that Arnold recently refused to sign into law a same-sex marriage bill that would’ve mandated California to recognize marriages between homosexuals. George commented that because Arnold didn’t keep his promise in regard to supporting gay rights, he figured it was a good time to make his lifestyle known.

HOWARD’S APPEAL KNOWS NO BOUNDS

George mentioned that he met Brad at a gay running club and that, before the AIDS epidemic, he used to frequent bathhouses. George reported that he is now starring in a play called “Equus,” which he described as “heaven” because of the fact that he gets to work with six muscular guys who never wear shirts.

George also recalled that the first time he came on the show, Howard asked him if he had a big dong given his deep voice. George said he was astounded by Howard’s straightforwardness and has been a fan of his over the years because of it. When Howard wondered if George finds him attractive, George replied that he believes his ideas and way of thinking are attractive and, if he was single and thought Howard would be into it, he’d be interested in getting to know him better.

Edited by Kor37

^I think that George Takei sounds like a really funny guy.

Doesn't he do a voice on the Simpsons? I keep seeing his name in the credits and I'm thinking he's doing the voice of that criminal named "Snake." Perhaps I'm just imagining things!

I'm not a big Howard Stern fan ... he's a bit much for my taste. But I would love to have heard that interview with Takei. Hilarious.

Good for you, George. You go, boy!

Doesn't matter to me, shouldn't matter to the real fans. I'm happy for him that he's been with one person for 18 years and is still happy in that relationship.

Regarding the above drive-by post by the guy with the numbers, it's a little known fact that people who believe sexuality is a choice are in fact bisexual themselves and ashamed of their attraction to the same gender, so they adamantly choose heterosexuality, and in their defensiveness, they lash out by saying gays choose homosexuality, but they give themselves away every time. Being a heterosexual, I know I never made a choice to be straight. I just am. And I've talked to a few homosexuals who say the same thing about being gay, they never had a choice. Those who can choose, and because choice is in their nature, assume we all make a choice, are by definition bisexual. Though many (most?) bisexuals are openly attracted to both, don't feel the need to choose one or the other until they get into a serious relationship with someone, they can't have "one of each" any more than a straight guy in a serious relationship can be engaged to a brunette but have a blonde on the side.

I just wonder if George is telling the truth.

In Hollywood if you want media attention you either say (1) I was abused/molested as a child (preferably by a parent or close relative), (2) I need rehab, or (3) That you are gay/lesbian/bi-sexual/transsexual,etc....

I personally don't care about George's lifestyle choice. Just like I could care less about celebrities' politics, eating habits, or wardrobe. They all bore me, pretty much unless they are on stage/on screen acting.

I just wonder if George is telling the truth

I've met Takei in person many times. BELIEVE ME.......he's telling the truth..........

As a "Christian Star Trek fan" I have to say I reacted just fine to the news. I was surprised, didn't see that one coming, lol, but just because a lifestyle isn't favorably viewed by people of faith, it doesn't mean we don't still love the person! George Takei is a fine actor and he seems like a very likeable human being. I've admired his involvement in politics because rather than taking an "in your face" approach, he's done it with grace and style, something I can respect. I'm glad to learn that at least he is happy.

T'Bree

Yeah, lets remember that the Christian message is one of love. After all we all sin but God still loves us so long as we place our faith and trust in him.

this is so overblown, having him say he is gay is like Levar Burton saying he is black, seriously does it really matter what people do in their private lives,